Home

C3PO model in game

Jedi__Ant

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the C3PO model already in the protocol folder and compile it with the humanoid.gla file so that he could be used in multiplayer. I am pretty new to all of this so I am unsure about all of the technical stuff but it does seem that he already has the right bone structure and everything. So if it is or isnt possible post back to let me know.:c3po:

hmm well i think its the same as in Half-life MP (CS)

you cant spawn "monsters" -> NPC´s

its in the source code i think ...can´t be edited , for now!

PS:LOL try to Play the Mousebot THATS real fun heheh

( just extract the models from the assets0 and put them in an empty pk3. and rename mouse bla bla to kyle and put that PK3 in the Base folder)

You CAN use Galak_Mech in MP, you see him and your game crasehes about 5 seconds later

model galak_mech

:)

YOUR GAME WILL CRASH WHEN YOU USE THIS!

Hey for a cool secret, look below:

YOUR GAME *WILL* CRASH WHEN YOU USE THIS

Just making sure you know that way I won't get bitched out.

P.S.

YOUR GAME WILL CRASH WHEN YOU USE THIS.

That is all.

I tried this already, the animations in the protocol droid are not the same as the _humanoid gla. I made the attempt to reassign the bones to the _humanoid by hacking the file, since the animation file for the protocol droids doesnt have attack frames etc, but this didnt work because the protocol droid glm has less bones too. What probably could be done by someone with the tools to do so (I am still working on procuring mine,) is to either rebuild the model from scratch or export it from the protocol.glm and then assign bones to match the _humanoid.gla

as of yet I have not heard of the root.xsi for the protocol droids being released and no glm to xsi conversion is known to me. So really the short route would be to make a new model, or maybe just a skin to a current model (perhaps shadowtrooper with the extra surfaces taken off like I've done with my Ubese skin [unreleased yet])

Archived