Home

Tweak JK II to its MAX PERFORMANCE! L@@K This!

hvydarktrooper

Keep in mind that also While framerates of 27 per second are what the eye 'sees' and thats what they use at theaters. . that is 27 frames, per second. .The frames per-second used by monitors are drawn from bottom up.. Thats why things seem so herky-jerky. . sometimes.

It boils down to, you wanna try to get as close to your Computers verticle refresh-rate as you can. So 75Hz = 75fps.

Like the other guy said.

Even some of the most top of the line, and a majority of 17 inch monitors are topped at 1024x780 @ 75Hz, Mine is slated at 85Hz.

You don't wanna use a setting that has less than 72Hz. It causes too much eye-strain, percieveable 'breaking of the screen' IE you see this alot when TV broadcasts pictures of Computer monitors, but it can be seen if you have a sharp eye and good reflexes.. unless its high enough.

a movie screen and a CRT are entirely different.

the only correlation between them is in the white canvas backdrop that the film is projected onto

(which can be seen as a CRT with an infinite refresh rate , if you like)

the 27 fps at the movies (I thought it was 24fps?) is based on the same idea as above,

but it has nothing to do with the refreshrate of the display screen,

and it has everything to do with your retina.

like I said, the eye needs to be stimulated for a certain length of time before it will retain the image (as explained above) and also, the retina will retain that image for a certain length of time afterwards.

(and the effect, as your eye travels from frame to frame,

results in something we call "motion blur")

(which kicks in at about 25fps)

but this would only apply to a reflective screen (or a wall) that's being stimulated by a strobe light (like at the movies)

this wouldn't apply to your computer screen (CRT),

because that image is not "solid" to begin with.

the CRT must be stimulated twice as often as this (or more)

in order to produce an image that even "appers" solid

(because the CRT fades too quickly , as explained above)

p.s.

an interesting experiment that arises from all this

(in an effort to eliminate the limitations of your hardware and simply test your 'human eye')

would be to cap your max fps at exactly 25frames, with a monitor set to refresh at 75hz

((similar to the 24frames which you see at the movies))

and then compare the experience to a maxfps of 50frames, with a monitor set to refresh at 100hz;

and also to a maxfps of 75frames , with a monitor set to refresh at 75hz

((all of these settings should provide a nice crisp 'solid-looking' image))

and then ask yourself:

is there "really" a difference , in the fluidity of the motion ,

that your 'human eye' can distinguish?

((I bet the answer is yes))

MY BIG QUESTION IS: Given my system specs, how would I go about getting good performance at HIGH QUALITY mode? because I am ultimately sick of lower quality settings and high quality skipping (sound and video)

My specs are:

AMD Duron 750 mhz

128 MB Ram

ATI Radeon 7000 32 MB

6X Creative PC-DVD Drive

This is the best I can afford so if you tell me to buy new hardware, F**K YOU (I say this because some smart @$$es cant do anything but insult peoples systems and tell them to get better ones)

Archived