Home

It's not backstab people

MadScientist

It's really not... it was always there... it isn't any more powerful then before. All that has changed is that the rest of the attacks (not just DFA either) do much less damage. Also I think it has to do with the fact that you need to be really close to do full damage. Simply being this close makes a backstab especially the medium one very deadly. You can usually just afford to take a normal hit (or 2 or 3 whatever) now and then backstab them. Personally I think this is worse then DFA because at least that looked like it would hurt alot and you had more time to avoid it. Then again lightsaber to the chest looks like it should kill no mater what swinging harder never made much sense anyway.

WHAT?

Man, seriously, you haven't been playing JK2 long, have you? I'm not attacking, I mean that seriously.

I used to backstab OFTEN with 1.02 when someone was following me, or a knew that I could pull it off.

As with practically ALL of the blue stance moves, a straight backstab that was on target was only worth 20-30hp of damage. Now, I promise you that it will kill you dead with 100hp and no shields. THAT IS A FACT.

Add to that the FACT that the radius behind you that requires a target before the move executes is slightly larger than before. And, as I've mentioned previously, I have died 4 TIMES while standing in FRONT of someone who was doing this move. You guys can rush into this thread and WHINE all you want about me being a liar, but it is confirmed by me and several others.

Take my word for this one, not many people backstabed with 1.02, I did. It did NOT do what it does now.

Lord Sokar, you insult MadScientist with jibberish. The "backstab" could kill in one hit before the patch. I have no screens to prove it but I'll tell you what happened.

I was on one of the Red Hand duel servers. As usual, one guy was owning us all. The next person in line lagged out just before spawning. You know the situation. Your opponent is just standing there, saber drawn, with the invulnerability bubble around him. The guy waited for a bit, walked over to him, got right behind him. and backstabbed. The lagger keeled over.

Anyways, that's my story. The point being: The backstab has always been able to kill in one hit. It's just easier to do it now.

I wasn't only talking about the blue backstab anyway. It's all of the "ass fighting" moves and I die more to medium stance (this is on FFA servers) one mostly. Ususally get pulled off my feet by someone and then they can usually get the attack off before you get out of the way.

Archived