Home

How many people actually know you can link heavy moves now?

zufuss

i dont think people know this..

Does anyone not know this. I see NOONE but myself doing this anywhere...heavy stance rocks now.

I can link 3 moves now, and at the end get a DFA in.

I dunno im kinda miffed cuz id like to play against some other heavy users linking moves...but noone uses em.

Most people dont use red combos because it is hard enough to use directionaly based combos as your opponent is usually moving. So with as slow and limited as the red combos are, it makes that even harder. If you start comboing to the right and you opponent catches on and starts moving to the left, which he will have plenty of time to do, he will more than likely evade your combo an hit you with a nasty counterstrike. Especially if the person knows how the red combos function. Then they know all the "no fly zones".

Me personaly, I will only use them against someone I can tell will fall for them, or in confined spaces where I know dodging room will be limited...

i dunno i have to attack from one side...but then you just link up a spinning attack as your next and it pretty much covers your arse on all sides, and from there you can link another attack if you wanted.

Dunno i haven't met anyone that has ever really owned me hardcore everytime using heavy combos, but then again i just don't see anyone using them at all whatsoever.

Well now that you put it like that, I DO use the combos to prevent people from rushing in for the big counter once my main swing goes off. But aside from the left side combos which are noticably faster than the right side combos, most of the link points have hella lag time. So your areas of protection you mentioned are only as good as how well you can cover your gaps...

I used to use Right, Right, Backright, DFA as a combo, but when I realized that Backright after a Right never ****ing hits because the hitbox area is ****ed, I stopped.

I use backleft, left, forwardleft and forward, forwardleft, and forward a lot too.

The quarter circle leftside finishes all 3 of it's moves in about 3 seconds flat, it's nice.

I cant get more than 2 to link but I'm working on it. My biggest revelation was figuring out NOT to hold the direction key during moves (hold the trigger though). It's a lot easier to line up a Heavy hit if your not moving sideways.

It seems like the right time to hit the next direction key is when the saber sound is just peaking. I also try to turn away before initiating a strong blow so that when I hit sideways I am moving towards the target. Then I swing my view around to face the target and move in.

Anybody have any luck using Strong hits to break the defense and use a quick Light/Med follow up to get a hit?

Archived