Home

a new kind of saber anyone?

Gorc

i remember reading (yes reading) in one of the SW books out there...i forget the name of which one it was, but Luke was teaching @ the Jedi Academy, and 2 of his students kept fighting, well one of those students had a cool light saber.... the lightsaber was constructed w/ 2 crystals, which made the length etendable by twisting the bottom portion of the handle...

so here is the idea, somebody think about making a saber that did the etendable length saber blade?

If the blade would could be exteded in length we would need new animations as well. As Gantoris and Corran said (they both had variable blades) this feature is more for surprising the opponent but for fighting with it, because it's very hard to handle this long blade.

And like Luke said "It's some kind of fashion that young Jedi make variable length to their blade. Maybe I should think of constructing a new saber myself".

And I've read somewhere that Anakin's/Luke's (the blue blade) had this feature, but the green one from Luke didn't.

Vader had this feature as well, that was an explenation why his fighting style was not so fast against the old Obi-Wan.

Hear hear.

right.. used to different crystals, which did the longer blade, and the different color...

true, new animations will be needed, but we have editing tools, i think animations shouldn't be hard.. we'll see about that tho.. but ya, having the variable length blade, would come in handy in a duel or such.. cause you'd be fighting, and then zip your blade is longer allowing you to get the reach in on your oppnent and get a hit, or kill......

Originally posted by Gorc

i remember reading (yes reading) in one of the SW books out there...i forget the name of which one it was, but Luke was teaching @ the Jedi Academy, and 2 of his students kept fighting, well one of those students had a cool light saber.... the lightsaber was constructed w/ 2 crystals, which made the length etendable by twisting the bottom portion of the handle...

so here is the idea, somebody think about making a saber that did the etendable length saber blade?

Actually, I believe in SW lore the saber blade is extendable, tho how much we are not sure. It is mentioned in the SW tech manuals and we saw it in Phantom Menace when Qui Gon, was cutting through the Trade Feds door, they closed the blast doors and then the blast doors began to melt as Qui Gon thrust his saber into the the center of the door...

Yes. Corran (my favorite character of all time) does have extendable saber. What is does is slide a second crystal in front of the main one which makes the blade something like 3 meters long I think. I'll have to check. If you want to find out for yourself just look in "I, Jedi" (BEST SW book). But if you think about it it wouldn't work to well in MP with the way the game works. The AI move around a lot and it would be awkward to use. But still, if someone could figure it out I'm game to mess with it.

Archived