Home

ibi !?

Strike

IBI is a compiled ICARUS script file for Single Player. You can't edit it by hand. For Elite Force Raven released a set of ICARUS tools such as editor, compiler and code definitions. I haven't seen one in JD2 GDK. Hopefully, they'll release it. I reckon that compiler and editor are the same, meaning you can use the same from Elite Force but the code defs are definetely different. There was also a IBI decompiler available at http://www.effiles.com but the site is down or something. :(

Well, at least this decompiler let's you see what the certain script files do, so you eventually can use the existing one until you can make new ones.

my 2 cents.

well, i use the EF-Compiler and have no problems with scripting for JO so far (which doesn't have to mean anything, the things I do are still basics). So if you just want to make a NPC to patrol betwenn two points or more, you won't get into trouble because of the different code defs.

Yes, i plan to release tools v2 very soon. It will include the ibi compiler (only slightly changed since ef), with the supporting behaved editor and support files. I also plan to include all the scripts from jko for reference. then you can just look at those to see how we did a particular script.

-james

so you mean a slightly different version supporting JK2 and its code defs?

Well, man, that would be GREAT!!! (since there are commands in the old BehavEd which I don't understand bacause they are EF-specificied ;-))

Archived