Home

Saber Models?

Aaron Halcyon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sintax

Wiked L2.0. Does your mod have a website?

Nothing much there right now, but I plan on moving full on with the mod after my Wedding & Honeymoon. So expect alot more come the first week of July.

The Golden Age - http://coj.spies.com/jedi/tga

MP to start, followed by a TC depending on the response. I'm also working on a Duel map I want to get out before the Wedding, which is based in a lower hall in Naga Sadow's Stronghold on the moon Khar Shain. Taking a tad longer than I planned however, as I've never mapped EVER and I'm doing an all custom texture set for it.

Originally posted by Delmar

If you place a saber-replacement .pk3 in the base directory, does every character then use that saber? My concern is: I have a saber hilt that I'd like to be specific to the character I'm working on when he's used in game.

Sorry to be a nag, but does anyone have the answer to this question?

Hi all. I'm working at it as we speak. It's 11:40 pm here in Sweden, and I can probably work another 3-4 hours before I have to go to bed. Don't worry, I'll send it to all of you when it's done.

Sorry to keep you all waiting...:o

I've encountered some serious problems. When all the UVW mapping was done, I tried it in the game, and now the saber is semi transparent!!! :confused:

The textures are only shown on the inside of the model, while the outside is transparent. I'll try to find out what went wrong, but I'm going to have to take a break.

I've been working on it day and night for a week now, only sleeping 2-3 hours per night. People at my work think I'm on drugs. Heh...

I'm reeeeeeally sorry to keep you all waiting like this, but I MUST take a couple of days off! Otherwise I'll go insane. I still have all your adresses though, and I haven't given up. I'll keep you updated...

Again, sorry!

btw - Thanks for telling me exactly what I needed to hear Sintax. I didn't feel to good about writing this post 'till I read that. Thanks!

i agree with sintax.

besides, its only a game. theres no real need to let it fill out the whole day..

and also, if thats all we do is play the game or do things related to the game, we'll get bored iwth it and not want to play it anymore.

take you time :cool:

Good point Leagle! I'm so glad to see that you're not pissed, this kinda support is very, very appreciated (did I just spell that word correctly?!).:D :D :D

By the way, if anyone finds a solution to my problem, post it here.

Thanks all!

Hello Ventgala,

you look like your doing good work, and I support your efforts completely. I'm interested in knowing what program you've been using... I'm a 3d modeler too I guess, and for now, I use Gmax, but I don't know how to make my models work on JKII. I made a complete R2-D2 model on 3DSMax earlier, just had to work on the texture... Unfortunately, I had some... technical problems with 3dsmax, so now I'm on Gmax. I was never able to make my R2 unit work in JKII. Anyway, no idea why I just told you this, its not my point.

Anyway... Two questions... What program(s) are you using, and how did u make your stuff work for JKII?

Archived