Home

Saber Models?

Aaron Halcyon

Originally posted by quamosity

I would love to see some new saber hilts as well. That website linked above is great...I wish the owner would update it with more sabers.

I previewed a little image of a project I was killing some time doing a while back, but I may as well show more of it. It continues to grow. Essentially, its a schematic of various lightsabers. I used a few of the ones of THE HILT website for sources, but the rest I found from models, pictures, and other various websites. I think they look really nice. They might help someone out with saber modelling, so I figured might as well make it easy for them.

Enjoy

http://www.umr.edu/~mlang/a/JediSabers.jpg

-quamosity

Cool site! but whats up with the Boc saber? It looks like two sabers stuck together.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, Boc's saber IS two sabers stuck together. The desciptions I found for it called it so, saying something along the lines of "Boc's saber's were connected together, forming one large lightsaber." It did not imply that they were used as one saber, but merely connected for ease of travel. In Jedi Knight cutscenes, you can see on his back that they are connected. He separates them as he goes to use them, however.

Since it was brought up again, I have updated the pic:

http://www.havenofrags.com/quamosity/JediSabers.jpg

Thanks for the input!

Originally posted by quamosity

Actually, Boc's saber IS two sabers stuck together. The desciptions I found for it called it so, saying something along the lines of "Boc's saber's were connected together, forming one large lightsaber." It did not imply that they were used as one saber, but merely connected for ease of travel. In Jedi Knight cutscenes, you can see on his back that they are connected. He separates them as he goes to use them, however.

Since it was brought up again, I have updated the pic:

http://www.havenofrags.com/quamosity/JediSabers.jpg

Thanks for the input!

Two more questions, Where do you find all the info for the sabers? Second Luke had five different sabers? How do you know this?

Again, keep up the good work! :cool:

There are images of various sabers in the comics and the ESSENTIAL GUIDES. I have scoured the internet for pictures from the comics for the various websites, and that was the result. Some of them have a little artistic license to them--Even Piell, for example. I knew what the ends looked like, but made the middle in a design that was unique.

As for Luke's Several ligthsabers, he had 3 in the original movies: The one in A New Hope; the same saber modified a tad in Empire and then the whole new design in Return. In Dark Empire, the comic in which Luke embraces the Dark Side, he has a different lightsaber before he goes over and creates his Dark Side Saber.

It is rather amusing to see how many sabers he does have, however. :D

If anyone knows any other places to find pictures from the comics, I would appreciate it. I am looking for pictures of Yaddles Saber (as well as any others that I dont have). Naga Sadow and Freedon Nadd, for example.

Thanks

quamosity

Archived