Home

Instant Fall Death

Territo

create a brush that the character would pass through when he fell, and use the trigger_hurt trigger on it, and click the "falling" checkbox. now when the character passes through that brush on his way down, it immediatly turns into a falling death.

-Abs

I think that I had the same problem it sounds like you're having. How to do this thingy:

Make the brush that will be the trigger_hurt (cover the hole you want them to die in when they jump into it).

With the brush selected, hit "N" on your keyboard

Find trigger_hurt in the scrolly-list and click on it

There you should see a bunch of attributes with checkboxes, one of which should be "falling"

If you dont see the falling checkbox, first press n to close the entity window, then go into file-> project settings and make sure at the end of the filepath shown in the "entitypath" text field it says MP_entities instead of SP_entities. If you have to change that, then close and re enter JK2 radiant to apply those changes and then do the above steps again.

If THAT doesn't work, try reinstalling your JK2 tools (dont worry all that you lose from this is any custom settings in your tools programs, meaning you have to change it to MP_entities again) and then trying to make your death pit again.

If you're mapping for single player, dont do the part where i said to change it to MP_entities.

-Jumbo Monkeyfish

Archived