Home

Very annoying about scripts

Poi

I read about, and see alot of people who are using scripts online. Thats fine, but where the hell are they getting the scripts? I know you can make them up yourself, but mine never work. Plus I lost the booklet and cant find the combinations for the damn backstab or DFA. And plus Ive read about 20 different combinations for the DFA, and people are saying the book is wrong, what the hell? If we're allowed to modify the playing by adding scrpts, and people are, than its a damn scavenger hunt to find the protocols inorder to win. Is there any list of what force pull or attack really is for the Quake III engine? And is anyone else frustrated?

Go to console type bind KEY and you can see what any command for your key really is, some things like +moveup are jump and have to be deactivated with a - sign i.e. +moveup;wait;-moveup

Wait commands make the server wait before accepting the next command, you can add numeric values to extend the waits, i.e. +moveup; wait 3; -moveup. Too many waits can lag you out so that you are frozen and have to disconnect.

Cmdlist in the console will tell you other commands if you need them.

Scripting is pretty easy once you understand what commands do, you just have to practice with it.

I didnt know about the numericals that are added to the wait commands. And the command for list was new also, thanks. So I'll check that out, its fun just to learn the programing

Poi:bdroid2:

Furthermore, all other commands can have a numerical value associated:

example:

bind e = "+attack 20;wait 30;+forward 20;+attack 20;+moveup 10;wait 10;-moveup;-forward"

just made that up... I dont remember my dfa bind. Probably wont work. But you get the idea.

Archived