Home

Combo Bar-A new solution to Dueling?

Prowl lightstar

I think a big step towards stopping people "spamming" certain moves would be to include the above mentioned combo bar. It would be similar to the force bar, and would fill up gradually each time you sting a normal combo together, it fills up more when you actually score some hits. Here's the crunch, you can ONLY pull off special moves (backstab, DFA, Medium Special etc) when this bar reaches a certain level, and when you execute the move the bar decreases a set amount, sorta like in the steetfighter vs X-men games for the Playstation.

Also, once you fill you combo bar up, if you don't use a special move in say the next 5 seconds (arbitrary number) it starts to decrease slowly, this would be to prevent people from filling their bar up, saving it, then DFA-ambushing someone who happens to walk past.

I think this would be cool, it would stop the aforementioned move spamming, and it would encourage FUN duels where the players need to actually sword fight.

Also increase sabre damage for medium and heavy stances, you hit so rarely now (which i agree with, Jedi should be able to block properly, in 1.02 blocking was more by luck than judgement), that when you do score a hit you should at least do a substantial amount of damage.

Add knockback when you get hit. I.e Someone pulls back for a heavy swing, while they're open i dive in for a quick slash, i do 30 damage at best, but he still follows through and does 60 to me. If you hit someone Mid-swing it should knock them off balance.

Just my thoughts,

Love Ads.

The idea to add a combo bar at least to me isn't a new thing, but putting it into JKII might be a decent Idea... I doubt the patch would do this, but maybe some mods?

Man I wish I wasn't working on making my own RPG sometimes, with all these great idea's flowing around the forums, making a mod would be an excellent non profit project :(

Oh well heheh nice ideas :)

I think it's adecent idea with a step in the right direction.

However, I don't like it really, as it just doesn't feel right to have to "build up" to a move like that. I hate spammers, but at the same time, there have been fights where I haven't been able to attack for quite a while, and then while down at 1 point of health, have saved my life in the fight with a light stance lunge.

With your combo bar, I would be dead, not because I didn't hit the person (as the lunge did kill, and this was in 1.03, not in 1.02 where the lunge could hit 4 times in one go for instant death), but because I had to wait for an opening to get the attack in.

Now, back to my search for my Jedi Knight II CD, if it's not found by 10 AM, my room mate gets to learn what it's like to lose his head.

Archived