Home

SP question

elvencrest

I don't know if this is the post to ask this, but here goes:

Is there any way to be able to use MP skins in SP mode? so far, there are a whole lot of MP skins on the net, but very few SP skins... I am not a great "skinner" and was hoping there was a way for it to be done, weather by conversion or what not...

I think it would be great to play single player using darth vader, a dark ninja, or any other MP skin available so far.....

there are ways to use MP skins in SP mode

ie, such as vader

i have made it so that he can replace desann, but it is a seperate file which should be out soon, and there is something planned to use vader as an enemy, soon....

for some reason though if you define him as a seperate entity instead of replacement character, it has odd results with weapon placement, etc

what i did was modify the npcs.cfg in the ext_data folder, i believe, to try and add him as an extra NPC - that didn't work, so i just put the vader files into the desann directory (model.glm, etc, skin text files, wih the textures still in the vader dir because the skinfiles pointed to that directory...)

but it is possible. That is how i took those screenshots of vader attacking me, with his own saber handle.

(see the vader download file here at jediknightii.net)

IN sp the game will use the KYLE model. So if you want to use the reborn in SP, or any skin you downloaded the game must think its kyle.... for example Extract REBORN pk3(winzip). then rename all the files to kyle_whatever... modify the *.skin(notepad) file to point to the correct files with kyle name. Pack everything up back into a PK3 file named kyle.pk3

launch game in SP.... enjoy!

Only problem is that in MP your kyle will be messed up... And that you have to RESTART A NEW GAME (do not load a game).. otherwise your weapons will be all messed up.

Archived