Home

for those that are getting tired of the 1.02 vs. 1.03 arguments...

You Myst

in the first several pages of just about any forum you go too, all you see is 1.02 has the DFA... 1.02 everyone is a drain whore, 1.03 everyone is ass-fighting(backstabs and sweeps)...

here is a possible solution to get noticed by raven and actually have them take note...

start recording demos of the games you play!

find a site to host them that will get noticed by raven...

heck who knows... they may even watch some moonwalking fights and think "hey... this isnt right"

true, to complain on a forum is one possible step to take... but its not the best or only one... start pumping out the PROOF and grab their attention...

as an exsample... tonight i recorded a demo of a ctf game

7 on 7... all 7 of red's team was back-sweeping non-stop

blue had 4 of the 7 non-stop back-sweeping

red had 2 people alternating flag grabs

scores were pretty standard across the board per player with the exception of 1 of the red teams members

he NEVER grabbed the flag yet his score almost DOUBLED the flag grabbers... the flag grabbers on red team were in the 400's,

the person with the highest score ended with almost 800...

think on this for a few... 100 points to cap a flag(10 poits go to each teamate) there was a 10 cap limit so that accounts for 100 points...

to kill the flag carrier is 10 points

to return the flag... 10 points

to just simply kill 1 point

this persons tactic was (holds for gasps) to chase down the flock of people after his flag carrier with mind trick till they would slow down and when he caught up with the group... spin around and back-sweep with medium style almost always dropping the group of 4 or 5 chasers in one swing

another thing that i was fortunate enough to capture in this demo was someone blocking a saber throw that came DIRECTLY from his rear... the auto-block code has definately gone to the wayside...

anyways... get to recording, get them posted, and see if we can make a difference instead of constantly bickering amongst ourselves.

You bring up good points. I'd like to throw in there though that the whole "auto-blocking" from behind is myth.

While the animation may trigger, this is usually a result of the saber "passing" thru the player and making contact with opponents saber in front of him. I tested this extensively with a friend, and rest assured attacking from behind if you're close enough will cause your saber to hit the guys saber in front of him , setting off his "saber blocking" animation along with all the appropriates bells and whistles. Here's the key though. He's still taking damage.

So while I'd like to see it fixed as well so that it doesn't appear like it's being blocked, have some comfort that it is definitely NOT blocking the attack and the guy IS taking damage from the swing, throw, etc.

TDS

I agree with the constant arguing of 1.02 vs 1.03 bull****, that has GOT to stop. However, who cares about your score in a pub? You can have the lowest score in any game, and still be the best teamplayer. In competition, individual scores mean nothing to me, its the match score that counts. I would rather focus attention on the gameplay itself rather than some indi-scoreboard. Thats just my opinion though.

here is a possible solution to get noticed by raven and actually have them take note...

These are excellent ideas, and I agree wholeheartedly that more than talking needs to be done if we're all serious about making the game better for the players of every game mode.

You bring up good points. I'd like to throw in there though that the whole "auto-blocking" from behind is myth.

Me too. I have shot people from behind before and had bolts flung back at me when they should have hit the person in the back, similarly with sabre strikes, but I really couldn't be sure it wasn't lag from either the server, my opponent or me that caused it.

However, who cares about your score in a pub? You can have the lowest score in any game, and still be the best teamplayer. In competition, individual scores mean nothing to me, its the match score that counts.

Well that's fine and dandy, but serious players practice for tournaments in public servers as well as private. Secondly if the gameplay of CTF and FFA doesn't lend itself to competitive matches (as I believe this version does not) then there won't BE any prize tourneys for people to play in.

agreed that in a ctf game, the individual scores in a non tourny situation are for personal glory, the match i was recording was done from start to finish as a spectator so it was an unbiased oppinion, the refrence to it was the fact that if you never capture i single flag, your score should NEVER(except in VERY rare situations, much less double them) surpass the ones that have actually capped the flags.

if balance speed and variety that 1.02 is the goal, then this is a good idea.

instead of altering fundamentals to the gameplay, and instead focusing to create a more balanced version of the game as it was, 1.03 would have been a good patch.

You only get 1 chance to determine the overall objective and flow of how the game should be played, and that is the first time you release it. After that, you alienate the people who masterd it and cheat and steal the money from the people who loved it.

The key is that YOU ONLY GET 1 CHANCE TO SET UP THE DEPTH AND BALANCE OF THE GAME.

THIS PATCH IS BAIT AND SWITCH

people needed to realize that balance issues concerning the whole depth of the game should be addressed. the pace and feel must be left alone.

i cannot see how raven didnt realize this.

DFA was never used well enough to make it the constant deciding factor in matches. was it overused, yes. did it need to be tweaked, yes. did it serve a purpose, yes.

The problems with v02 and the new systamatic alterations set by v03 are hardly comperable.

v02 (in my opinnion) was a good well rounded game with some minor balance problems. v03 is a completely different game than v02. this change was not warranted, but it was prompted. (whiners, of course, got their way and ruined it)

altering the mechanics of the game was wrong.

that aside, the game sucks now. this new game is bad. it is shallow and broken. i do not know what raven was thinking with this patch.

in terms of altering the game, all recorded demos of this new game have little to no value, other than to show raven how ****ty it is. all further patches should be based off the 1.02 engine. raven looked at the upgrade the wrong way. this kind of drastic change to game play should have been done beta testing. they only needed fixes not alterations. 1.03 is a mod.

i sincerely hope that you guys are right. there is little proof anyone can offer about their credibility, so i am beginning to realize testimony is moot. testimony from players who were ignorant about the system, or wanted fundamental changes were heard. (i can totally see the ignornant moron who posted the suggestion to make absorb invisible)

the best way to describe the patch is a sell-out.

i hope you bombard raven with demos of this ****. my **** i payed for was vandalized

you make a very good point on the sell-out, personally, if htey ever get around to making a patch.. .03's dfa is good, but htey need to make it a 1-hit kill again(got a pair of demo's, mine and the person testing with me, i attacked him while he stood still, he had 100 life 100 shield, direct hit and he only lost his shields and 5 life) to make up for the lack of direction change(which that was good in the patch), they need to impliment the no-turning code to backstab but leave the 1-hit kill for that(kinda pains me to say)... after all, a sustained saber going through your gut would have a low survivablility rate...

lower the damage on both of the backsweeps... it should NOT have the ablility to instantly kill anyone with 100 life 200 sheilds... much less up to 6 or more players in one shot... the argument for this change is simple... the swing is EXTREMELY fast... passes faster than most blue swings... why is the damage so high(going by raven's belief that speed determines the damage, i.e. red does the most cause its slow), the lightning vs. absorb was an interesting change to me... makes sense that whoever has put more points in(attack vs. defense) that whoever is more "in tune with the force" wins out.

one other bug that everyone complained about in 1.02 that has resurfaced in 1.03 that i havent seen mentioned here yet... is also with the backstab... the dfa used to kill anyone approaching the blade as it was reseting back the the ready position... now the same holds true for backstab... you can walk up to someone recovering from backstab, they are facing you... but when the saber pops back to the front of them... they score an instant 1-hit kill.... its not a fluke... i have personally done this SEVERAL times... to the point that when i do use backstab, i RELEY on it on the recovery as a "stay away from me" move

one other idea that they need to concider(for future note...i play light-side ONLY), the dark-side is horrendiously underpowered now... once someone has level 3 absorb up... they are immune to dark-siders period, this is EASILY fixed by putting the force consumption back to where it was in 1.02... the way it is now... you can leave it running just about indefinately... in a duel, its not as effective... but in multiplayer games, since absorb glows no longer show till its used, dark-siders can hear that SOMEONE is useing absorb... what happens when there are 2 or more jedi's they need to contend with... they got a few choices...(if they want to use the force on anyone) run till they no loger hear it... tap drain or lightnig(which the activation costs are rather high)and then try to get a grip on anyone not glowing for half a second, never go up against more than 1 person at a time, or never play the dark-side, best sollution to this problem is... make the glow stay on like 1.02... heck, protect glows constant... why didnt you make it only show while getting hit? because you let everyone know they can take extra damage... thats why... why not let everyone know that force powers wont work till AFTER you try?

on a lighter note.. the new dark rage power... that change was a good thing(bad for us light siders)... the sith needed something to add to defense, wtg on that one raven

anyway... just some ideas to toss out in the open that could have a chance to re-balance gameplay and take out the allure of ass-fighting as a primary tactic

Originally posted by Epyon9283

Ive only been here a couple days and already im tired of the damn arguments. They all suck. How many damn times can you say the same thing over and over again??

Maybe you should kick off your grand idea by making some original posts. It's almost 4AM here, so I'm going to make an original post:

You know what bothers me? Spiders. Someone should kick them from my life, ban them even--they ruin my whole living experience.

Archived