Home

jk2 and star wars

Cope

i dunno if this is happened to any1 else but its happened to me.

Im bassically a HL player. Im in a very succesfull DoD clan and used to be into CS. But every1 i knew was gettin jk2 so i went out and bought it. I love the game, but ever since i started playin it, it has gotten me more into star wars in general. I saw the first trilogy b4 and Episode 1 at theatres about 3 week safter its release. But i found myself today at 12 noon buying tickets for episode II midnight show. Strange to me has this happened to any1 else?

it's basically because your mind is seeing something. You are getting into it, and then you find out about something else related to it, so you want to see it as well to get "more into the game world" type thing.

I have the same problem with reading and role playing. If I'm running the game, the story will share certain elements with the most recent good book I've read (especially if I am reading it while plotting the adventure). Or if I'm playing, well, my character will have traits from a couple of the characters in the book that I like more.

Case in point: I recently read 'The Deed of Paksenarrion' (GREAT read if you like fantasy :) ) and my character in a D&D game I'm in recently died. I found out when I played my new character,that he has a lot in common with Duke Phelan from the book.

As for this effect with StarWars. I'm a star wars nut, I love the books (thoughI haven't read them all yet), I love the movies (even Episode I is watched by me on fairly regular occurences). I even have several of the D20 system RPG books,and am plotting a campaign to run over summer. How big the effect something good has on you, (atleast for me) seems to depend on how much into that world you were before hand.

Great post enDless_Deliriu. I have been a big fan of Star Wars since I was a kid and ANH came out. I just finished watching the original trilogy and TPM. I can't wait to go see AOTC.

Some of my friends that have never played FPS are buying JK2 simplly because they love Star Wars. Amazing how it just keeps on going. I mean that in a good way of course. :)

D4

Archived