Home

critique of 1.03 along with suggestions

hydro[/jedi]

Is this newb correct or not?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is this newb correct or not?

• this newb is totally right. please give him medal.
    • i would say that most of these stupid suggestions are intelligent enough to implement.
    • most of these stupid suggestions are stupid. get off the forums, vasoline master.
    • tihs hydrop charectar is NEWB. admin, pleases ban him form teh foram. [/JeffK]
    • Jedi Knight II sucks. I play goatse.cx with vasoline.

the things changed in 1.03, to me, are very interesting. mostly because these suggestions have come from the community. however, to me, it seems that too many have been taken in and, in turn, have conflicted with each other. even though i believe raven had great intentions, i think they need to be analyzed.

saber fighting changes: it seems to me that with the incredible blocking ability combined with the lowered damage and red's nerfing , saber vs saber fighting has become incredibly worthless.

problem with backstab: because of all of the saber vs saber nerfing, this move is INCREDIBLY unbalanced. times worse than DFA ever was. it breaks all of the saber vs saber rules; incredible damage, huge range, and most importantly, it breaks through the incredible defense implemented in 1.03. i really see backswings as a "BFG"-type move. totaly unbalanced, doesn't even make sense.

heal and drain changes: i can't believe how incredibly nerfed these two have become. sure they were a problem in duels, but now that servers can choose which force powers are allowed, it really doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. in 1.02, i always thought that Jedi Knight 2 heavily encouraged being able to heal and stay alive. the game gives you health/armor respawn every 10 seconds or whatever, along with incredibly powerful bacta canisters. i thought heal/drain were just along those lines. IMHO, i think that if someone were at 0 force from drain, they should just regain force faster so that drain wasn't "SO" powerful. however, now drain is useless. also, i think its fairly obvious that no one is happy with the heal situation. i dont' think i need to explain/suggest anything there.

absorb changes: IMO, absorb, with it's "stealth-use" has become too powerful. there is pretty much no way to know if someone has absorb on without giving him more force. i suggest a simple solution. that force seeing can see if people have absorb on. this would at least give people the option of whether or not someone would want to find out if someone has absorb on.

combination of light/dark changes: light has become far, far more powerful than dark. drain was really dark's only staple. along with hurting grip, i don't even know if there is a balance between the two anymore.

jedi vs merc changes: jedi vs merc battles are incredible. LOVE them. they are great. whether you are the jedi or the merc, you always have a chance if you know what you're doing. however, absorb is truly too powerful while having weapons. from my understanding, not only does absorb give you force power when force is used on you, but you have full force defense; therefore, your weapon cannot be pulled. when you have a weapon out (without absorb on), your force defense is naturally lowered (as opposed to having a saber). i believe that when you have a weapon out while having absorb on, your force defense should not be at full. it should be lowered (but not removed) so that guns can still be pulled.

overall suggestions posted below:

-saber block is far too powerful. please lower it so that i can kill people saber vs. saber. padawans with saber should be bait. they should not be "best blockers, but worst attackers"

-DFA is absolutely worthless. in 1.02, anyone that used it on me meant an automatic death. now, it is a situation that anyone that uses it on anyone is an automatic death.

-backstab. lol. please lower damage and make it blockable. this will balance the move.

-drain should have the same power as in 1.02, but shortened range. heal should do 50 health for half your bar or 25 health for a quarter of your bar.

the rest of my suggestions are within the actual arguments themselves.

people, please tell me where i am wrong and provide reasons. otherwise, if people agree with me, i hope raven can take these things into suggestion for 1.04.

i think this patch only appealed to a very very small fan base of no guns no force duelists who wanted less moves.....dfa is still useable not for it's ease of use but because it's nerfed so much no one really expects you to use it...

i think this patch only appealed to a very very small fan base of no guns no force duelists who wanted less moves.....dfa is still useable not for it's ease of use but because it's nerfed so much no one really expects you to use it...

that sounds about right. that's like surprising someone with the stunbaton who expected a rocket launcher. lol.

also, there was another change that i wanted to suggest, and i believe it would increase the popularity of the game. why not implement saber dismemberment in multiplayer?--of course only when it is a kill, so that people aren't growing back arms after attacks :p

Archived