Home

TrekWars Mod

Bob McDob

Greetiings, fellow Hunams. I be Baron MacDoblin. I bring with me a simple request.

My compatriot at Spacebattles.com are plotting a TrekWars mod, to use vast amounts of sharing between Jedi Knight II and Elite Force. My duty is to serve. I give you the specifications.

Anyway, I'm planning on creating a Star Trek - Star Wars mod for Jedi Knight II. I'm still conceptualizing it, and am in the process of obtaining both JK2 and Elite Force.

Now: How many people here have experience working with the Quake 3 engine, and if so, can you help once I get started?

I understand it's going to involve a lot of code-swapping (I wonder when Raven will release a SDK for JK2?) but certain things will doubtlessly have to be modified for this. For example, some ideas that I've been considering:

Teamplay: Every other team alternates between Trek and Wars themes; e.g. all odd teams are Star Wars and all even teams are Star Trek. I suspect that this will require a bit of coding to be possible.

Levels: Some real-life Earth environments might make good levels. Quake level design is not new to me, although most of my experience came from Half-Life's Worldcraft editor, not Q3Radiant.

Also, depending on the amount of time I have available, I may try going for a single-player campaign; e.g. a (Dark) Jedi infiltrating Section 31 , or a S31 agent attempting to infiltrate Coruscant, etc... as I said, depending on time.

If you be interested, please respond post haste.

Thank ye.

I have been very successful in swapping models. (I have been able to make myself Darth Vader in SP before the mod even comes out!) If someone can make the skins, I can swap the skins with whoever (stormtroopers, jan, etc.....)

I have noticed during my swapping that imperials and reborns don't turn out well when you swap them, I suggest that you don't think of swapping them. If I can be of help, e-mail me at pawaite@juno.com !

I would love to see A star trek mod!

Star Trek rules!......in my point of view...........:rolleyes:

Archived