Home

Is it just me, or is pull supposed to be that powerful?

Guardian Omega

I've noticed this happens a lot. More frequently on a laggy server. For instance if you're pinging at 150 and someone else is pinging at 50 he could pull you just by hitting his pull button twice. The reason being by the time your comp gets the info that he pulled you and you counter it he's already hit his button again and pulls you while you're countering. Also it happens often in team games of CTF. Two people chase you and both hit pull at almost the same times. The second one will pull you while you're countering the first. Could be easily fixed in a patch I think.

pull was a problem with the last version as well. it just happend at the high end games with good people. same exact stuff that was happening now. pull, swipe.

but in the last version the problem didnt lie in pull, as it was balanced relatively well and its purpose was needed. the problem did rely however in the lack of a more potent dark force power. (or an inadequate saber throw)

it had to do with drain not being offset well enough.

anyway, now drain is nerfed and doesnt serve its purposes, and the other powers are all out of wack. pull remained in tact but because of the nerfing of key powers, there wasnt an adequate counter for absorb and there is a lack of trade off as well. the purpose and importance of pull remains intact, now everything else is crapped up.

if raven only tweaked some minor force things...

Laugh at the guy about level 3 counters level 3!

Pull is based on your pwr stance

Where the attacker is in relationship to your body

And what you do during that split second he casts force pwr on you.

before the 1.03 nightmare

on my ctf saber/force server pull wars became very previlent and fun :)

but that was back when u could counter absorb. and actualy use dfa

Some guy pulled me down to the floor and hacked me up when I was standing still, doing nothing!

The problem with your technique of "standing still" and "doing nothing" revolves around the tendency of your opponents running around using force powers and big glowy swords to slaughter, maim and kill you.

I think your first mistake was "standing still" followed closely by "doing nothing."

Impossible with the lvl differences. Next match I had upped pull to 3. He still did it!

You say you were not moving, which is one way to get knocked down; but were you attacking? Were you using a force power? In these cases--attacking, moving around, using a force power--within a certain range, you will be knocked down every time. Also, make sure you have enough force power to counter the move.

Archived