Home

Why the Saber system/stances arent realistic/balanced...

The_Raptor

The one problem I had with the saber system (mainly MP but some SP) was the unrealisim and unbalance. I mean, the main differences between the stances are simply swing speed, swing rate, and damage. But I don't see saber stances like this in the movie work like this at all. I mean, was luke during ROTJ when slashing at vader not using this "red" stance? He had his saber gripped strongly, with a tense stance, and originally in a 90 degree close to body stance. But instead of taking overly slow swings, he is swing repeatidely in the same move very rapidly. If this had been JKII, all the slashes he in like 5 seconds probably would have taken 30 seconds!

Also, I was using this "device" (actually a golf club that has its head broken off), and I was making "slashes" in a red style stance. I noticed that this stance is NOT slow, it is relatively fast if you make the same move over and over again (like straight down). But this style does NOT have long range, it has very short range, because the farther out you try to strike in this style, the weaker it is, and if you keep the slashes close, its very strong (leverage and all).

But if you have a saber-like weapon in a "blue" or "yellow" style stance, the range is a quite a bit longer because of the nature of the attacks, arm away from body and saber tip poined outwards.

Also, as you have noticed, blue stance basically cant block any other saber slash besides a blue slash (which it will stop all of). Thats just not right! Now, if you were in a weak or one handed stance, and an enemy saber connected, you would almost certainly be pushed into a saber lock that would would probably lose because you would have a hard time pushing back with one hand (very hard).

I really think there needs to be more of a "saber stamina" system, where red stance can be pretty fast (atleast with the downward slash), but it would take up a lot of stamina and would also have short range, extreme damage, and high defense. The light would take up very little stamina, be fast, have long range, weak defense, and slightly weaker offense. The medium would have good range, ok speed, very good damage (but less penetration than the red), and take up less stamina than red but more than blue.

And the G_saberrealisticcombat needs to be activatable in game by an adminstrator without activating cheats...

Also, a backwards stab in real life would be very weak, slow, inacurate, and extremely parryable. But, a spin and backward's slash would be very strong.

Maybe instead of having the character stick the sword backwards, he turns 90 degrees and does more of a push than a pull on the saber, being in real life a much more powerful, accurate, and rapid attack... And the backwards stab needs to be

And friggin find a way to put first person sabers in MP, thats freakin bull crap! Take away the clear arms if its such a problem! Or make it so it appears to be first person but its really the 3rd person mode when using sabers, from the persons head, because that way you can still use wall walks and rolls and such...

And saber locks or atleast blocks you know happened need to happen alot more...

I think if you try some of these sabers moves in real life with anything like a light saber, youll find my opinions on these stances are all quite true...

raptor you forgot one key point; if it were realistic 1 saber hit and you would be dead, after all how many times was qui-gon hit before he was struck down ? and though he wasnt actually dead he was hurt enough he couldnt fight wich in a game should count as dead.

You actually took the time time to destroy one of your golf clubs (or your dad is yet to find out he is one golf club short) and do these moves with the stick?

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for a laugh. You may have a point but it's not gonna get changed that much

Archived