Home

I need help on numerous things, please

Red Falcon

Hi guys

I'm fairly new to the multi player community for JK2 and was hoping some of you may be able to help me on a problem i am having, or, a few.

My first question is what should I set the max fps for the game to? The default is 85 but I have set it to 100 thinking that it the most possible. Is it or no?

My second question is about starting the game with my settings. Each time I load JK2 Multi it sets everything about my player to default. This includes my name, force powers, controls, and video settings. It's a real pain having to have to set them over each time I want to play JK2. Perhaps someone can help me with this? I went into the config.cfg file and it showed my settings how i usually have them, yet when I open the game it doesn't.

My third question is if there is any tweaks I should know about that could improve the fps or graphics. I'm on a Geforce 2 MX/400 64 mb ddr and a 1.5 ghz Atholon with 512 mb of ddr. I have vsync off by default which I should help I beleive and I'm sure the other tweaks are in the config somewhere perhaps?

My fourth question is if there is a way to speed up my downloads from other servers when downloading maps. I'm on DSL running at 1.4 megabits per sec, which I was able to verify at http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/results.html

When I download my transfer rate it at most 7kbps which is terrible :(

Thank you all very much in advance

-Falcon

1. Any fps over 40 at high levels of action is just overkill. The eye cannot tell the difference between 40 and 100 fps, so just leave it at the default.

2. Are you running it from the cd? Is the config file called jk2mpconfig.cfg? Have you used a copied cd? Do you have Write access do the particular drive?

3. Sorry Don’t know of any tweaks for Gforce cards.

4. Download the maps form a ftp server before you join the game. It’s no your bandwidth it’s the servers available bandwidth to you, 7 kb/s is normal (in fact not bad) of ingame downloads.

Printed CD are ROM which means Read Only Memory. To save your settings the game has to rewrite the config file, so unless you are running from a rewritable cd or hard drive it can't do this. Do you mean that you are running the jk2mp.exe on the cd coz if you are then you will have to keep changing the settings on each run. Make sure you are runing the jk2mp.exe from the installed dirctiory eg C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData. If it isn't there (or your equivalent ) than you need to install it to the Hard Drive.

The Drive I was talking about was if you are using remote acess to another computer that has it installed.

Archived