Home

RaveN: Please pay attention to the Diluting of servers/players

Ready Wan

With the frustration surrounding the 1.03 patch, many have returned to 1.02. The problem with this is that the player base is divided tremendously, not to mention the frustration at finding a server that is using the version that you have installed.

Raven, the imbalance in JO needs to be addressed. At least the imbalance between the Light and Dark side powers (Dark side powers are basically useless and unused at this point). Especially after watching episode 2, playing JO with the Dark side players being so easily trounced, makes this wonderful game devoid of flavor.

I hosted a 13 player LAN this weekend, and it was great fun, because we played 1.02, the version that shipped on the cd's. Yes there was some frustration with all the Draining that went on, but the DFA was easily countered by most of the players. It's actually a very dangerous move to pull off cause its easily countered by anyone who watches the move from start to finish.

Our CTF games were intense and FUN! Each power is easily countered by another adding a terrific strategic element to the game.

During the LAN I did think to myself that the 1.03 patch does have its good points, but the bad points over shadow the good points to the extent that it's not worth playing.

The sad thing is that the dilution of players of servers minimizes the life of the game and so many other factors.

PLEASE, RAVEN, PATCH THIS INCREDIBLE GAME ONE MORE TIME, SO THAT WE ARE ALL PLAYING THE SAME GAME.

I'm sure Raven realizes that this separation is hurting business...how can it not hurt it? Some official word and information would be nice....why the silence?

I've posted what I feel are the necessary changes....and they've been covered by many others. The fact that the game needs tweaking from its current state is obvious.

Please give us some recognition of this fact.

:)

btw, thanks for an incredible game (1.02 really is outstanding)!

RW

Archived