Home

Model idea (concept sketch)

BlackThorne

definitely pursue this ... the concept sketch is extremely cool. would you come up with a background story to make him more "official" in the star wars universe?

is he a cyborg? or does he have armor on? either way, it looks like there's some kind of robotic/metallic parts on him ... would be so cool if those parts were all chrome and stuff instead of just black. i know the jango fett model has shaders which make his armor reflective, and much more realistic.

hope you do pursue this model. keep up the great work, and keep us posted!

he's a cyborg. but i'm not sure wether to model him or not. he might look like a "vader-without-helmet" ripoff. but if i'm gonna make him i will add a background story (already have one in mind). depends all on wether the world needs another cyborg-sith-character or not.

Originally posted by BlackThorne

he might look like a "vader-without-helmet" ripoff

well, i see your point on this, but that's mainly the reason why i suggested having all the mechanical parts chrome instead of black. that can still be as menacing as vader. what about the upgraded terminator (t-1000?) from terminator 2? i realize he was liquid metal and all, but it was still bad@$$. i think that's the attraction of having a sith character and using the dark side of the force, it sometimes causes some kind of physical change (be it voluntarily or involuntarily) to the character.

and personally i really dig these original characters people are coming up with to add to the game. don't get me wrong, you NEED the legends such as vader and the fetts (aren't those models just unbelievable?) but when someone makes a female sith (lady brena?) or variations on the rodian skin, it really allows this game to expand farther than anybody really expected.

just my 2 cents, but i'd be really psyched if you did this model. i have to get more familiar with 3d studio max (currently using formZ) or that free gmax program so i can materialize a couple ideas i have. good luck!

Originally posted by adillon

someone makes a female sith (lady brena?) or variations on the rodian skin, it really allows this game to expand farther than anybody really expected.

A Zabrack. Cheshirekat is modeling a creature, with a sith being the concept.

I believe it was taken for granted a community would develop. In that lies 1/2 the success. Take HL. That was expected, but it grew even more and now is supported by valve.

What I'm saying is after HL, (which expected a strong community, but got more than it bargained for.) Developers hope for communitys such as HL's. (But don't dare hope for the same scale.) They almost count on it.

But I know what you mean... It's exciting.;)

Originally posted by adillon

well, i see your point on this, but that's mainly the reason why i suggested having all the mechanical parts chrome instead of black. that can still be as menacing as vader. what about the upgraded terminator (t-1000?) from terminator 2? i realize he was liquid metal and all, but it was still bad@$$. i think that's the attraction of having a sith character and using the dark side of the force, it sometimes causes some kind of physical change (be it voluntarily or involuntarily) to the character.

and personally i really dig these original characters people are coming up with to add to the game. don't get me wrong, you NEED the legends such as vader and the fetts (aren't those models just unbelievable?) but when someone makes a female sith (lady brena?) or variations on the rodian skin, it really allows this game to expand farther than anybody really expected.

just my 2 cents, but i'd be really psyched if you did this model. i have to get more familiar with 3d studio max (currently using formZ) or that free gmax program so i can materialize a couple ideas i have. good luck!

My 2 cents. persue this concept. I'd make him a Ancient Jedi durring the Sith wars wearing Jedi battle Armor Or A Soldire in the Infantry assigned to the Katana Fleet before it disapered but that would limit you to I think blue and grey color scheme (think thats what they said the Ktanas colors were) Or a third idea he is a Cydronian and they belive in adding cybernetic upgrades as you advance threw there militay. well hope these ideas help.

-Royal

Archived