New Patch... Ruined the saber?

Azraelt

Have they ruined the Light Saber?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Have they ruined the Light Saber?

• Yes, it is completly ruined!
    • No, I like it this way.
    • The only ruined the medium stance.

My god, I went on vacation a few weeks ago before the patch came out. When I got back, I discovered the new patch and though "wow, maybe they finally fixed the heavy stance finishing move" Well boy did they sure fix it, not to mention ruin saber combat entirly. What the heck did they do... "Made it more like single player" That is horrible! They completly buchered the medium stance, it is a complete waste of time now, Before the patch, I could easily side step an attack and then slice them right up through the mid-section, now when I try that half the time it misses. I really liked the way there were different moves for each combo, it seemed to make it flow better, sure the saber fights might not have been as close as they are now, but now everyone is using the light stance. Light saber combat is areobatic, it's not like medevil times, they ruined the saber. Medium is a complete waste of time now. I used to play solely on medium stance and now I can't do that. They changed way too much. I say keep the patch the way it is, except: Put the saber back the way it was originally in mp. With this new patch, I cannot enjoy this game the way I like to. I know that I am not alone as I was on almost 32 dueling servers and the concensus seemed to be that they ruined the medium stance. Everyone was running around like morons in the light stance. What do you guys think? Do you think they ruined the saber combat now? What do you think we can do about it...?

For me, the sabercombat is perfectly fine, and I still use most of the times yellow stance and still get as many kills as before the patch. Red is also more in my use today, because now you can link those moves. For the light stance, I rarely use it, because it looks stupid :)

the big prob with medium stance now is the damage has been nerfed and we're not used to the lowered damage. for instance i used to be able to kill someone with 3 good hits but now it seems like it takes about 5 to 6. aye caramba :(

how much damage you inflict depends how how "solid" a hit you get...if you hit someone at the beginning or end of the swing you'll only do glancing damage.....if you connect in the middle of the swing, you'll do regular damage.

I've gotten kills using nothing but yellow stance, and only landing 3 hits.

that was on no force servers with no healing.

if you time your hits to hit with a solid blow, you'll get kills very easily......if you're swinging wildly like you could in 1.02, you won't be rewarded for your hits with as much damage.

the purple one

Originally posted by PurplWulf

LMAO, then I must have some super special version of JKII that for some reason allows me to get kills quickly with the new saber system.

*shakes his head*

the purple one

Do you ever play in NF Duels? I'd be interested to see just how good you are. I can't honestly say I'm good or bad, but I can't do what you just described without random chance, and I haven't played against anyone that I would say was heads and shoulders above my skill level.

Would you like to duel sometime? Let me know, feel free to PM me.

yes Vestril, I usually NF duel when I can

I prefer a test of sabers, not a test of who can spam force powers over and over.

as for my skill, I'm nothing special, that's the funniest part of all this, if someone of my skill level can figure out how to get in good shots, then there should be some really phenominal saberers out there getting fast kills left and right.

also, I said it was possible to kill quickly, but if your oppenent has skills, it becomes less likely.

but sure, if you'd like to duel, private message me and we'll exchange contact info and get together sometime, should be fun

the purple one

Archived