Home

expert on lightsabers?

kamiclone

i have some simple questions to those jedi knights out there that own a lightsaber. I'm talking about the ones you buy that are really kool and look like there from the movie. With the plasma blade and all. Well, first question.....do they break? Like can i actually duel with them with another one? And when you turn them on do they start from the core of the saber to the tip of the blade? I downloaded some clips on the net and they actually show it do that but then others have told me that they dont do that, so i'm asking you people with the knowledge. Also do these sabers come with sound? If not I know that you can maybe add yourself some kind of chip and speaker piece? Is this possible? Well keep me informed all you Jedi Knights and may the force be with you?

I'll answer ya. The toy lightsaber only have lightbulbs in them. They are either lit or not. There is no charge up light. The Darth Maul light saber only had strobe lights, to make flashes, but had removable blades, so you could "Display" it if you didn't mind the girls coming to visit and seeing it on the tv. I have this one and Dath Vader's. They all make charge up and charge down sounds as well as a hum while running. They also will crash when hit, but hitting too hard will pretty much wreck the blades after too long. But they are kinda crappy to begin with. I.E. "Toys". There are replicas that can be bought for a large sum that are display quality. Best bet for fencing, get someone to turn you one on a lathe and screw a green mop handle into it. I don't know if the new toys do any of this. They come in toy packs and frankly don't look very good. Hopefully they'll come out with some cooler ones for 'Clones. Hope all that helps. I'm a little embarrassed to realize I know that much about light sabers. But they are the absolute coolest thing to come out of the star wars universe. If you wrote this just to see what nerd would respond, you should be quite satisfied. ;)

You can duel with 'em, they light up, they are really hard to break.

http://www.lightechindustries.com/

They're really expensive, but if this is your thing, I think this is the way to go (there was another post from some guy who bought one...I wouldn't reccomend looking for it though--in it he posted pictures of him with his saber--while he was half naked, I was honestly disturbed by the problems this poor kid must have had...)

If you want some that are poorer quality and more expensive go here (the only upside is that they have the same shape as some from the movies):

http://www.parksabers.com/main.html

Archived