Home

Can't use all my maps...

Spoon_Gouge

Can someone please explain to me why I can't see all the maps I've downloaded? I've downloaded them ALL (106 I think as of today...) and yet I'm sure as I look through my list of maps in the game (depending on which type of game I'm playing) I don't see them all. Is there a limit on the number of maps allowed in each section (Duel, FFA, CTF etc, etc)? I've only just realized this problem so I'm sure it might have something to do with the shear volume of files I'm carrying. (BTW my box is BRAND NEW and has more than enough horsepower and diskspace to handle the volume)

Also: Is there a way to rename these maps? Some have the same name and/or I'd like change the names of some. and would that mess with playing online?

:usa:

Where are you getting all of your maps? If you think that the space is an issue, I guess you just gotta delete some of the pk3's from the base directory and sacrifice not playing some of your maps. You may have extracted some of them wrong or they were compiled wrong in regards to why you're not seeing them. I'm not sure about the online thing. You'd have to ask an admin about that... What sites do you go to to get all of your maps?? If you could, plz tell me that. :)

www.jedioutcastmaps.com is the newest link that I've used to get maps. I picked up over 40 in less than one week! (all new)

They've just recently hit the 100 maps level and the rest I've picked up here and there. Now some are duplicates. For example, the map pack that Wired LAmp Studios released contains maps that were previously released under different names...

Also, they often have maps before www.jediknightii.net has them. Also the sheer volume of users on this net makes it often S L O W (and I have a cable modem...)

BTW... Mobius...is there another way to load maps other than the in-game browser? Also don't all maps start out from zips?...I mean, that's how I get 'em...? Could you explain a little?

Archived