Home

Models For Conversion

TuskenUK

hey, i'm sure if somebody could download these models ---->

http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/starwars/characters.htm

and then eduts them to lower the poly count, to make them better for use in-game, we'd have some of the best characters to play as, and surely it'd be worth it to have some of our fave characters in-game with v.accurate models like sithlordii's darth vader, and the mandalorians being made by Absath and Bloodriot. COME ON PEOPLE! This could be good!

:duel:

Yeah their good but i think this is a problem in the modelling community at large. Just taking someone elses work and converting it does not have the same appeal as creating your own character from scratch.

Best part about thi is you can say "this was me.. look at what i did" and be proud of your work.

I don't think this is the way to go about it unless your a beginner and want something to wean you into the big world of modelling.

Just my two cents

I DONT GIVE A SH*T. SOMEONE CONVERT THESE MODELS AND MAKE IT SNAPPY. A VERY FINE LOOKING GEONOSIS ARENA MAP IS WAITING TO BE FINISHED WITH THESE MODELS.

AT LEAST CONVERT THE DROID AND THE DROIDEKA PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE BEEN WAITING A VERY LONG TIME FOR THEM.

it would be an unbelievably difficult time to convert those to jk 2. They would be great to use as a basis for source material though - you could build another model around them, using their outline as a framework, and box model a low-poly mesh to the shape they used

haha trtuuuust me you wouldnt want these converte.. they lok sweet as hell high poly.. but trying tog et them down to game... our end up with holes, and crapyness.... the optimize tool in max was not meant to lower 100,000+ polys down to 3000.. it was meant to take lets say 4000 to 3000.. there is a better one i see some where. .that uses direct x or somehtign cat exactly remember. cost lots of money.. plug in for max.. and it does a way better job.. but even witht hat.. have funt rying..

Sithlord-ii , that was a mighty fine idea you had there. I do beleive this would work rather spiffingly! No messin around looking for reference pics, just use one of these models,...interesting. Anyways, maybe somebody will take up that idea:fett:

Archived