Home

Jedi Trainer Style

TomGerman822

I've noticed that the Jedi trainer's style is somewhat like the medium style available to Kyle, yet the trainer can swing his saber upwards as well as downwards, and seems to be a lot faster. Anybody know if there's any way to change a file so that kyle will be able to use jeditrainer's style? If Desann and Tavion's style are usable, why shouldn't Jedi trainer's be? There's gotta be a way to edit it. I'm sick of beating on people with strong =P. Thanks :)

Someone's gotta know something.. =P There's gotta be a way to edit it. I just don't understand the .pk3s well enough to do it. Under Jedi Trainer's .cfg section it says:

sndcombat jedi1

sndjedi jedi1

Normally, Kyle's says sndcombat/ sndjedi "kyle". Wonder if that's where the style is determined. Anyways, if anyone understands what I'm trying to do here and knows how I can do it, feel free to help :) Thanks

Not sure what you mean. Those lines are from npcs.cfg which is located in the assets0.pk3. I've tried to edit Kyle's to look like the Jedi Trainer's but it just creates a copy of the npcs.cfg file which isn't pathed at all. Plus, I can't delete the other original copy, so I'm sure it would get messed up anyways. But I'm pretty sure there's a way to do this considering you can control npcs in the game like rebornbosses and fencer and use their custom style.

If I could find the file that controls the extra saber styles, being Desann's and Tavion's, then I might be able to change them to Jedi1 or something, in the hopes that it would change it to Jedi Trainer's style (jedi1 I guess). Anybody know where the styles are located? I can't believe that nobody's ever wanted to change their style to an npc one.. they are different from player styles and can be used through setforceall 6 mind control (the one where you actually take control of the npc).

Archived