Home

Playing the Fetts in SP.

Joner

Wouldn't it be cool to play as one of the Fetts in SP?

This goes out to all those who have made SP skins and know how to do it and to the creators of the Mandalorian skin-pack.

I think Kyle in a mandalorian armor would be awesome, with or without helmet. (With helmet the kiss-scene would be rather strange.)

Would that be possible? What do you need to do it? Who wants to do it? Maybe Bloodriot and Absath? How would you like that?:fett:

create a directory called \models\player\kyle in your c:

open mandalorians.pk3 and extract the guy you want (jango fett, boda fett, Goran Skarr) extract the model.glm and skin file for the guy into the directory.

add the files to a pk3 of your choice.

done.

Although it's a lot more fun to fight Boba, than to play as him.

c:\models\players\kyle

that way you get it right when you are going add the files to a pk3.

to do that:

since you hopefully opened the file in winzip, you use the "add" button on the top besides "extract"

find the files that you placed in c:\models\players\kyle

and you should be done.

Remember: You have to start a new game when you change the player model, otherwise you get a pretty nasty bug where the weapon doesn't show up right.

Ok, tutorial.

1)

Create the following directory:

C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder\models\players\kyle

2)

Now extract all the files you need from the mandalorians.pk3

3)

Place the files (not the folders) into "C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder\models\players\kyle"

4)

Right Click on "C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder" and select "Add To Zip" (which should be in the list if you have Winzip)

5)

Select the following options in the WinZip window, which will appear:

Compression: none

include subdirectories: yes

include path: no

save as: "C:\Windows\Desktop\<whateveryouwant>.pk3"

6)

Click "create" (or "ok"?)

7)

You are ready! Place the pk3 into your "Jedi Knight 2/base" folder and start a new game/load a game!

8)

An alternative would be placing the "models\players\whatever" folder AND files, you have extracted from the mandalorian.pk3 into the "Jedi Knight 2/base" folder. Thus you don't have to include them into a pk3.

I hope I could help you, young padawan. :yoda:

Gidion, a.k.a. Dalboz

Are you referring to the SP Jango Fett Mod? I am well aware of its existence and I don't think it contains a Boba Mod as well. Besides it has a severe bug that makes the Lightsaber utterly useless.

But thx anyway.:fett:

Archived