Home

How to compile saber models?

KazDvs

I made an awesome EP1/2 Obi-Wan Saber model and i got it all tagged n' stuff (i imported them from the original md3) but now i dont know how to compile it into a .glm. I used assimilate to compile it into a .car but i get all these errors, mainly directory stuff like cant find this or that. I need to know what to do. Do I have to unpack all the pk3'S so it can find stuff does jkii gotta be intalled into c:/program files/...???? Thanks for your help.

export the model as a .md3 (if ur using gmax u need the plugins from tempest, also available on my site here in the Files section), then just run MD3View (from the JKII SDK from Raven), open ur .md3 and goto File -> Save As .glm (or is it Export as .glm?) and save it. then just put this in the right place (somewhere like base/models/weapons2/sabre/sabre.glm - check assets0.pk3 for the correct location and filename), run JKII, type "sv_pure 0" into the console (without the quotes) and play. ur sabre should appear ingame (we got one in like that without even tagging it, so urs should work like a dream). and dont forget to pk3 it and put it for download for us all!

Archived