Home

saber sheild on steroids AND crack

shmacdonald's

i went into this duel server and saw this one guy named "ultimate(something)gamer" kicking everyone's ass. when my turn came i saw this guy do all these cool moves so i thought this guy really was good. i'm still fairly new to this game so i dont know all the attacks and combos, or how easy they are to do, but i do know something about the "lightsaber shield", where you throw it and then repeatedly tap back-right-forward-left before you catch it so the saber spins around you. i also know its not very strong and its really just eye candy.

i was extremely surprised to see this guy's version of the trick, where the lightsaber spins much faster and very close to him. even more surprising was the fact that he didnt have to move to do this trick. he just stood there in that saber throwing pose, even crouching sometimes or moving around. i dont know how much damage that would've caused, i wasnt about to go near that thing.

is this an example of all that scripting and binding everyone's talking about, or is this an actual move that i dont know about?

You must have level 3 saber throw.

Throw the saber, hold down primary attack. When you let go of secondary attack, keep holding primary attack and dodge the saber as it comes back to you. If you do it right, the saber will orbit you as long as you hold down primary attack. You must walk when you move or else it will come back to your hand.

You can also taunt or use a force power to keep the saber spinning in one place, independent of your body.

It does the damage of a regular saber throw, and it's very easy to walk right past the saber and slash him while taking no damage yourself. It's just one of those useless but cool moves, like the jumps where you let go of the movement key right before the jump.

Originally posted by shmacdonald's

....i was extremely surprised to see this guy's version of the trick, where the lightsaber spins much faster and very close to him. even more surprising was the fact that he didnt have to move to do this trick. he just stood there in that saber throwing pose, even crouching sometimes or moving around. i dont know how much damage that would've caused, i wasnt about to go near that thing.

is this an example of all that scripting and binding everyone's talking about, or is this an actual move that i dont know about?

As long as he is in the Throw pose the move can ONLY cause Throw damage. As soon as it hits a target it will return to him and he'll have to re-throw. Also, his Force pool CANNOT regenerate while he's doing the move, so get him to use his Force powers and as soon as the saber returns to his hand you can assume he's out. OWN HIM.

One other trick I've seen has to do with the Heavy or Medium backsweep, and it is a killer.

They get in position and do the backsweep, but their mouse sensitivity is set so high the just drag their mouse to the side to turn and spin around in place 4 or 5 times. But the animation for the attack just continues, so anyone around the person can be hit by the 'meat' of the attack several times before the animation ends. It looks like they are spinning in place with their saber spinning around them too, VERY cool, but unless they have something in place to change their mouse sensitivity back, every little twitch would make them turn halfway around.

I've only seen this twice (didn't get the names) and they weren't winning the FFA's, but the move looked very close to what you are describing (except for the Throw pose).

Archived