Home

Mind trick in SP

Skipper

I came up with something realy cool last night, after i've read another thread that said it was possible to set the force above the value 3 making some of the forces even more powerful (Desann is obviously using a higher value than kyle). In singleplayer i typed "Setforceall 10" and when i tried the mindtrick on a stormtrooper it gave me complete control over him, you switch from kyles view to the stormtroopers view and can move around and shoot just as if it was kyle. After finding this out i experimented some more and noticed that you can take control over any unit even Desann (not sure on droids though) and even change the sabercolor on jedis/siths you have control over by using the command "Sabercolor red/blue/green etc. Im not sure if you can perform more commands on controled units like reduce their forcepower (setforceall 1) or raise it or even god mode. Well anyway you can have lots of fun and one cool trick is to take control over snipers on "ns_streets" and make them jump down to their death :D

Note: I havent tried other values though like 4-9 and 11+ so i dont know on which level this option becomes available but i do think its wierd that it cant be done in SP without cheating becouse mindtrick is sort of boring besides this.

Hope this was new, at least it was to me :D

It was left out because a)the 3rd level of Mind Trick would have been to powerful compared to other force powers b)you could kill certain units, which would be important for trigger events and the gameflow c)"Force Possession" is full of bugs.

If you possess certain creatures (like ALL reborn, beside the generic yellow reborn, or Luke) the game freezes and kills the PC (at least for a while ;) ).

Beside that:

That cheat is quite old. If you didn't knew it, these codes might be new for you, too.

NPC SPAWN x y

Create Creature "x" with the name "y"

(Example: NPC SPAWN stormtrooper tk427)

CONTROL x

Permanently possess NPC with the name x

(Example: CONTROL tk427)

CONTROL Kyle

Return to your original body

PLAYERTEAM ENEMY

Become a member of the enemy team (imperials are your friends now)

PLAYERTEAM Player

Switch back to normal game (imperials are your enemies)

PLAYERTEAM NEUTRAL

Some imps shoot you, others don't. Starnge.

CG_THIRDPERSON 1/0

Like "p" key

CG_THIRDPERSONANGLE x

Set angle of third-person view to x (180 is frontal view)

CG_THIRDPERSONRANGE x

Set range of third-person view to x (80 is normal distance)

Archived