Home

Make your own smiles

rachmike

Here is how you make your own smile.

To start Paint click the Start button, goto Programs, then Accessories then click Paint.

If you have never opened or saved a gif with paint you may need to do the following:

Click 'File', 'Open', set the "Files of type" box to "All Files" and find a gif to open (refer to picture below) after you've done that, click 'File' then 'New'.

If you have already done the first step then start here:

1.) With Paint open, click 'Image' then 'Attributes'. Change the height and width to 15 and 15 (standard smiley size) as shown below:

2.) Next click the magnifier glass and zoom in by a factor of 8:

3.) Click the Brush tool and select the smallest brush:

4.) Now you can draw one pixel at a time, after you have your smiley outlined you can select the Fill tool and fill it with the color of your choice:

5.) Finish the details of your smiley and select the Fill tool again, select a color you haven't used yet (i like to use bright green) and fill the areas that you want to be transperent:

6.) Next click 'File' then 'Save as...'. Change the "Save as Type" to "Graphics Interchange Format (*.gif)" and save:

7.) A message pops up telling you that some color info will be lost, just click yes:

8.) Next click 'Image' then 'Attributes' again, check the use transparency box and click "Select Color":

9.) Click on the color which you picked in step 5 (for me, bright greed, it is selected in the picture below, it has a black border around it):

10.) After your Background color is set it shows up in the bottom left hand corner behind the foreground and background color. Click 'File' then 'Save':

11.) Here's what mine looked like =)

Here is a smile that i found on the internet

killtheimu.gif

Archived