Home

[Not Really:] The New 1.04 Patch Is Out

CanucKeR

Is what you raven should be saying, but they dont have the balls to say it. Raven u guys make me sick, come out with a new patch 1.03 is terrible, why did u make a 1.03 in the first place.

Shouldnt costomer satisfaction be ur first. You have had many [explitive deleted] about this game why dont you fix it? Honestly your company is sad, and you just lost a costomer..... for SOF2 since u make such a [explitive deleted] game.

You guys are [explitivie deleted], seriously, fix the [explitive deleted] game u bafoons. Then you may be worthy of say you made Jedi Outcast.

Thank you ur [explitive deleted] time

I love it when other people say the stuff that I only say when I'm mad :).

Raven has upset many game communities in the past, believe me, I know. Here's a short history lession :D.

In 1998, they released Hexenworld for Hexen II; they left it in beta with a crapload of bugs and never finished it to this day. They left the Hexenworld community forever angry at Raven.

They didn't finish Hexenworld because they made Heretic II, another great game. However, they promised a patch with loads of enhancements. They took forever to release it, and when they finally released it, the patch had a crapload of bugs!! Then they took forever to fix it with a few more patches.

Elite Force is the only game they got right! They released the game, a few patches and now the game is perfect.

The problem with Raven is that they don't really stay in touch with the game's community. They stay on the forums until the game is out and leave. Heck, they don't even read the tech support forum. I'm serious, do they? I'm not being a dickhead or anything, but this game has some serious problems mostly with constantly crashing and freezing. I mentioned this on the main forums a while back and I got a response of "Honestly, this is the first I've heard of this problem......send us an email". No offense, but I don't want to email, I think it'd be easier for Raven to should just browse these forums.

Ok, so I may have sounded harsh on some posts and I'm sorry, but I really want this game to stop freezing and crashing. This game freezes at any random time during either single player, multiplayer, or the menu. I have no idea what is causing this, so I can't give any solid explanations to Raven. People from Raven don't have to reply or anything to posts on this forum, just read them. Even if there are flames, Raven should read these forums. Slandering others anonymously is unfortunately a common feature of the internet, but the developers should be patient with this and find ways to fix the problems with the game.

My story is that this game freezes for no reason at any time. The game either performs an illegal operation and crashes or the screen just freezes and I have to reboot. Sometimes the game doesn't even start at all.

My system:

Athlon XP 1.6 Ghz

256 Mb RAM

64 Mb NVidia GeForce 2 MX with suggested 23.11 drivers

DirectX 8.1

Windows 98 SE

A lot of people with similar systems are also having freezing problems too. Freezing is just one issue, there are countless other issues that people have pointed out about the game.

Btw, I'm not whining, so don't start with the replies with " :violin: " If everyone knew Raven's history like I do, you would all understand

dude, i hate raven! That fricking raven-fairy came into my room, took the $49.99 I had under my pillow and replaced it with a copy of JKII! Then he made me install it on my computer, play it for numerous weeks, d/l their patch (which itz laamme), and then he made me play it even more!

Man i hate them. If i made this game it would be much better, cuz i know how to make a game! I'm so sick of playing their lame-azz gamez...even though I own all of them...man they suck! (but i'll get the next game they put out....but i'm sure it'll suck!)

Honestly people, I can NOT belive how so many of you can complain about this patch, and blame Raven for stealing money from you, and Im pretty sure that they didnt purposley make a crappy patch, just to piss off everyone who bought, enjoyed, and are fans of the STILL great game. Now i gotta go in these forums and read post after post after postof how "horrible" the game is because of "back-stabs whores" and god forbid people having to hit jump two whole times to do a backflip.

I mean, i dont mean to be a hippocrite and complain about people complaining but people; get over it, when (if) Raven decide to release a add on, or another patch, or expansion pack, i am very sure that they will take into consideration the feed back they get in the forums and e-mails and such and in their best judegement make adjustments to the game, and in the end some of us will be happy. I say SOME of us because im sure there will still be those people who complain about Raven RE-changing the game because they "didnt to Jans hair right" and "...kyle steps funny every 3985 steps he takes on wendsdays and sundays...." because not anything can really be good for some of you, and those people dont belong playing the game..

the only thing that really bothers me is that there is no support for VOODOO graphic cards... : (

and one other thing has been bothering me

:bdroid2: does this droid look mad to you....?:bdroid2:

Archived