Home

Disappointed in Ending

yorto

I fought hard to the end meeting with Desann. When I got there, I was quickly disappointed. Here's why:

I, like many of you, like the dismemberment cheat. Then again, who doesn't like to see a slice-in-half kill? I had it activated at the time that I confronted Desann.

Our lightsabers haven't even locked, when Desann took a leap at me. He landed and hit me with some Force Lightning. I used Force Heal to regain my life somewhat and circled back.

Again, Desann lept towards me. As he did, I adjusted my stance. He landed and my blade happened to be where his head was, decapitating Desann and killing him. Game over.

I had better fights with Reborn Jedi's. Many killing me. Desann just landed in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was expecting a long duel with him. The "fight" lasted, maybe, 15 seconds, total.

Was it the cheat that made it so anti-climatic? Was it, "Just one of those things that happens?"

Great game, disappointed in the way that it ended for me.

-Mighty Yorto

Honestly, you can get a one-hit kill on Desann anyway. In fact, it was one of my favorite moments of the game my first run through.

Cut scene:

Desann: "Blah Blah Blah-Blah Blah Blah."

Kile: "Blah Blah Blah-Blah-Blah . . . Blah."

Cut scene ends.

Desann: (Still standing on platform in center of room.) "The Force will betray you to me."

Kyle activates Force Speed, switches to strong lightsaber style. He Force jumps from the upper level to land nose to nose with Desann. As Kyle comes down for the landing, he reaches back for a powerfull overhand downward slash. The blow knocks away Desann's saber and kills him instantly.

Mad Monkey: "Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!"

For me, the game would have been worthless if they hadn't allowed one-hit kills with the saber. That's the point of having the thing. A light saber is the ultimate weapon. If someone slices through my chest with a light saber and I only take 25 points of damage, there's something wrong with the game. It's all about realism.

Archived