Home

Anakins Saber Problem

sunrider4240

Ok if your one of the many people who spent the time to download Anakins saber from JKII.net, and couldn't get it to work, then join the club. I cannot get this stupid thing to work. I've tried everything and it still won't work. Anyone have any ideas or solutions? Then tell us please. Far from that, the saber looks good and i want to try it out.

Creamysmooth

Hi, I've also had problems with it not working.. Sad considering I'm the one who made it. I believe I have a solution, rename the .pk3 to saber.pk3. It works for me, but I have no idea why, or why it isn't working on the first place. :( Info on this would help, model-savvy folks..

Worked for me the first time..hehe

For some reason some people have problems where saber hilt model replacements need to be renamed to something else to work properly. I had that problem with the "ancientsaber" model, but that was on my old 450 mhz cpu. Things work fine on my 1.1 ghz.

I have the answer i believe.

The saber is replacing a thing that already exisits in the assets0.pk3 file.

So that no files are doubled, the game loads the pk3's by name in alphabetical order.

when something doubles.. the later one prevails, overwriting the ones that came before.

I take it the filename was anakin saber or something like that... and also there was ancient saber.

Those files are loaded before the assets becasue of the alphabetical order.

ANakins saber

ANcientsaber

ASsets

so just rename the filename to something that will load after assets.

that is all :)

Archived