Home

All Duel Server Admins Please Read!!!!

G0G0GadgetForce

First of all I would like to thank you for hosting a duel server.

The reason I started this topic was to ask you all if you would please consider installing some of or all of the custom maps and map packs listed at the site below.

I think all duel players will agree the official maps are getting old and the custom maps are even better than the official maps.

I would also like to ask if you could please allow us to vote for a new map, currently most server have voting disabled.

Most duel servers I see on the AllSeeingEye server browser use official maps only, have no custom models, and even if they have one custom cool map everyone wants to play we can't vote for it becuase voting is disabled.

If you do decide to update your maps, please get rid of the official maps so they do not contaminate the map rotation! Leave the good ones, but scrap the abortions that some of those maps are.

You can find atleast 2 mappacks with about 20 maps and a most downloaded list of excellent maps.

If I could recommend 2 maps to download, duel of the fates would be one, and the emperors throne room would be the other. Duel of the fates can be used for duel too.

Here is the site.

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/section.php?i=1

Thank you for your time, and for hosting a great server, Gadget.

There are currently four Duel of the Fates maps out. Which one do you mean? If you mean the 20 MB one, then it would be difficult to actually play in that one. Most people would lag on that one and it prolly wouldn't be fun. I would like to see the Emperor's throne room being played cuz that map doesn't have bot support. :) For the rules of the duel server, I would have to go with sabers only with no force or with basic force powers. That's the only way that I play, but I'm open to other methods of play. :D

I dont care about bot support personally. If you like to play bots host a server with yourself. I hate playing agaionst bots which is why I play MP.

The duel of the fates I am talking about is ffaepisode1 its ffa but works great for duel in the ship room, or the maul room, or the basment, or the power chamber. I have experienced no lag graphics wise or server wise becuase of this map and I usually play with a high latency of 100-200.

I agree that no force duel is the way to play, but alot of admin are configuring their "no force server" with jump force (which I dont mind) and saber throw. The saber throw gets old becuase ppl that play with force normally rely on it once stripped of their force powers. (gunna get flamed for that but couln't help it ;)

There are some really great maps and skins out there admins. Please take a look. I hate joining one of the few open servers only to find its an official map and has no skins.

skins I recommend and am seeing more often.

Vader

Lady Brena (shes kinda hot for a maul, shes horny too)

annikan

obi

dark kyle

the whole fett family

and much more.

Soon we will have a wookie

Padame

red guard

dooky

and you MUST see the Yoda in the works (thank you Kinja)

Look at the top ten maps downloaded at that link up above they are the best. But wait untill you see the Pit of Cankoon map thats in the works by Cpt Antilles.

My point is please spend 3 hours of your time or 1 hour for 3 days and get rid of the official maps and skins. It wont stop ppl from joining their favorite servers. They will get the map if they don't already have it. I have seen servers name themselves Elite maps and skins just to attract players. It will bring dedicated, skilled players of higher quality too.(might get flamed for that)

I am against this only in that it is the most annoying thing to have a serer change to a map you don't have.

If there was some sort of map pack out, one is being released soon by JKii.net, that would be more practical. The WLS pack is ok, but I don't care too much for the levels.

My 2 cents.

I am currently trying to find a middle groud for our server now. I've added a bunch of cool duel maps, but what I don't know is how many and which ones should I put in the rotation. I've posted links to them on our website, so the regulars on the server can make sure they have the maps in the rotation.

But, there are people who just won't take the time to get the maps. I think this is a shame, since there are a lot of good custom maps. Plus, if we don't put them on our servers, how will they get air time??? No one will download them if they aren't used.... So I vote for putting them, mixed with offical, on the totation.

Roach

Archived