Home

Better scoring the key?

HappyPrancer

There is a strategy (call me insecure, no really, please) I use on FFA servers that actually makes the fighting less interesting. This strategy is running away from good players and hunting the crappy players.

I'm very defensive when playing someone with talent, and that usually leads to very long drawn out battles which I may or may not win. In my quest for strategically achieving a high kills/min ratio, I run away from talented players. My kills usually involve me shooting something explosive into a group of people dualing with sabers...cause it's funny.

Anyhoo, with this in mind, I thought of a better scoring system for FFA matches. I'm sure there are things I haven't considered, so input is appreciated.

I think many more points should be awarded for killing someone with a high kills/min ratio than for killing some newbie. This would make the game more exciting for several reasons:

-More pressure would be put on the "best" player as everyone on the server tries to hunt him down to score high.

-There would be less pressure on newbies trying to learn the ropes. Thus, both newbies and experienced players would have opportunities to learn and improve on the same server.

-People racking up kills by backstabbing over and over (I think I might have heard it refered to as spamming) would soon find it necessary to learn some defensive skills.

- There would be more incentive for two talented players to fight eachother, creating some interesting matches for sure.

-Would add an extra element of strategy to the game...to kill or not to kill? Is it worth my time?

I think that if the points are adjusted so heavily that the game revolves around trying to kill the player in the lead, it would make for some much more interesting FFA combat.

any thoughts?

Has this been done? It seems fairly obvious to me, but I've never seen it.

-HP

let me be the first to kick the door in: *BOOM*

ok now that thats done with, lemme say that this is a great idea.

it makes sence for one thing, thats never a bad thing;)

I have two thoughts for you, no1 is: would it be a good idea to make it so the points on the kill come from what kind of kill it was. i.e. heavy reg slash 1 point, dfa 3points (give them a benifit to go with the risk now) and so on ect ect....

no2: is whats the cetch?(sp?):D couldent be this simple, could it?

Archived