Home

Calling it Quits

ArtifeX

Artifex:

It seems a shame to give up a great game like this after barely 2 months, but I guess strong feelings about the latest patch abound.

At first glance, reading your "retirement" statement, it sounded like this was all because Raven shows no definitive signs of releasing a new patch to fix what you considered wrong with 1.03. But, on closer inspection, It seems for you, the fun was learning how to play the game and "mastering" it, and once you had percieved you had achieved this goal, the fun was over. I guess for me, mastering it is only the beginning, but that's just my general impression. It's up to you, in the end.

Oh well, best of luck to you guys, sorry to see you go (most of you before I've even had a chance to play you). If it's not fun for you anymore, there's no point, I'll agree.

Sorry to heart about this.... I still read the Anti-Saberist code and tell others too also.... you web page was over it's limit but i email em a copy of mine :). I consider myself an apprentice of yours since i learned from your work.

I personally have a different view of what needs to happen here in reguards to the current incarnation. I have 4 servers running on 1.02 and plan to have more soon. I would like to suggest we Create a thread or a website with a listing of dedicated 1.02 servers. (i can do this).

work in progress: http://jkii.50megs.com If you like this idea please email me and help with the effort. Even if it is just good ideas or good criticism.

my servers are:

Drep's Duel~Adept 1.02 - 209.204.71.212:28071

Drep's Duel~Master 1.02 - 209.204.71.211:28070

Drep's Saber~Adept 1.02 - 209.204.71.214:28071

Drep's Saber~Master 1.02 - 209.204.71.213:28070

another great site is:

Clanmage.net - 66.45.101.43.28070

I have full servers and i know clanmage i can rarely get into. I am modeling my servers after the clanmage servers.

The one thing we have yet to try is to collectively keep 1.02 alive. Until we do this we will not nkow just how strong the 1.02 camp is. Come on... Join the rebel alliance. Lets stop attacking 1.03 and work on a 1.02 emergency rescue. I am aware of other game nightmares like Tribes2... but we have a chance to do something different. I want people to say things like... "hey maybe we can do something like those JKII players did"

Lets write own own history here!!!!!

What have we got to lose?..... oh yeah a great game.

What can be shaken.... will... what remains never could

That is my 65c worth.

Drep

artifex is so right. i haven't played jk2 in weeks except for the occasional 1 on 1 with a friend that i KNOW will not resort to the pull/backswing to win. gg while it lasted.

for you people bashing artifex, think for a moment, he took his time to set that site up with all that useful information on this (once?) great game. he gave alot to this community and it is exactly this type of player that this patch is running off.

that said i really hope raven does something to make everyone happy...what that would be i do not pretend to know.

I understand all the above points, but I must say I still play JO just as much as I did a month ago. If you are one of those who is tired of cheap tactics, just start finding regulars to play with. I use cheap tactics, but only when someone does it to me first. I play with the same people most of the time, and I have a great time. Once you get the cheap combos done to you enough, you will be able to anticipate them before they happen.

I personally like the patch, because I play for the fun of the the duels, and the saber combat is much better than 1.02 if you play for this reason. Anyone tired of boring spam fights, look me up under "Master RZA" online and I'll give u a fun challenge.(sorry so long-winded)

Oh Yeah, the Master Server is back up!

:gben:

I just don't get why anyone is whining on these forums. I never had any trouble with the stuff that was "unbalanced" in 1.02 and I longed for some of the features 1.03 has. Now in 1.03 I still don't have much trouble but I long for some of the things in 1.02. Nothing needs really needs dicussing apart from the ridiculous amount of saber clashing and lowered damage. If these were changed I'm sure everyone would be happy again (well, almost).

There are four types of people here:

1. People who like 1.02 and call the people who like 1.03 whiners and n00bs.

2. People who like 1.03 and call the people who like 1.02 stupid and unskilled.

3. People who liked both, and are willing to make compromises untill the game gets patched (very rare).

4. People who hang around here waiting to dissagree with something.

Have any of the whiners on this forum ever heard the phrase "Adapt and overcome"? Doesn't seem so. I liked when it was 1.02, I think it was good the way it was, and I did not use DFA or anything like that.

So, it gets patched to 1.03. Sure, I thought it sucked in the beginning. But I learned how to play and how to counter all the spam attacks again... and now it's going as well as it did before the patch.

Remember this phrase: ADAPT AND OVERCOME!

Why don't you just go play on a no force duel server that has force throw disabled? I've been on them before. They do exsist. Seems most of your problems with the game stem from different abuses of the force. Seems like a good no force/no throw duel would solve that. . .

Just my 2 cents

I find it troubling that people think raven isn't releasing patches "fast enough". Did you ever stop to think that maybe they want to CAREFULLY make changes and test them? I'm sure there'd be a lot more people pissing and moaning if they released a patch every other month that got rid of existing spam tactics, only to create new ones and require everyone to relearn the saber.

To all of you!...

Ok Ok I've heard enough, Raven did not ruin the game with a patch, they only failed at doing what so many games try to do :make eveyone happy. They did not grab you cash and leave the game to rot: Expansion is in the works. And if you don't want to play the game any more, please save us the time and just go away. If you want to whine go find a Counterstrike forum and bitch to all the 14 year old punks kickin you ass (no offence to the 14 year old's who always kick my ass). And last... You make a Star Wars game that does not suck donkey ass !!!!!!! Because asside from Outcast, all SW games for the PC in the last 3 years has sucked major ass!!!!!!! I love the game , hate the patch, but I like to hurdle obsticles instead of bitching about them.

Nuff Said

Originally posted by JediGunny

To all of you!...

Ok Ok I've heard enough, Raven did not ruin the game with a patch, they only failed at doing what so many games try to do :make eveyone happy. They did not grab you cash and leave the game to rot: Expansion is in the works. And if you don't want to play the game any more, please save us the time and just go away. If you want to whine go find a Counterstrike forum and bitch to all the 14 year old punks kickin you ass (no offence to the 14 year old's who always kick my ass). And last... You make a Star Wars game that does not suck donkey ass !!!!!!! Because asside from Outcast, all SW games for the PC in the last 3 years has sucked major ass!!!!!!! I love the game , hate the patch, but I like to hurdle obsticles instead of bitching about them.

Nuff Said

YOU F-ING SAID IT! This is the philosophy people need to adapt.

Archived