Home

Scripting

Grabes

Iam not sure if i have the right forum, but i am having a problem tryingto get a .cfg file to exec.

Can someone please tell me how to do this? Id like to make a victory type thing with the victory dance, and the saber color changing.

I just need some insight on why it won't execute.

Heres a quick and dirty explanation.

Don't mess with the games config file.

Make an autoexec.cfg file and put it in the base directory.

In that autoexec.cfg file put this line

Bind X "exec whateverthenameis.cfg"

Make sure you put quotes, and you can make X = any button you want.

Make another config file and put it in the base directory.

Name it what ever you want but make sure its a .cfg file and the name of it matches the name of the .cfg you are executing in the autoexec file.

The autoexec.cfg file loads automatically. (sorry if it was obvious most don't see what the name means) You can put whatever you want for binds and basic utility scripts like change saber color scripts, dismemberment cvars, and binds. It will over write the games.cfg.

It is important to split up scripts into seperate .cfg file when you want to load a big script that rebinds a bunch of buttons in game.

Like a light.cfg and a dark.cfg, each .cfg file has binds for the same buttons but for their crresponding force powers. This way you can use fewer buttons for force powers. You wont be using half of them at one time anyway. And no you cant change force sides on the fly in game! Hope this helps, Gadget.

Easy... Go to notepad (if you run a micro$oft OS you have it), create a new file, put that line I said above in it, go to save as, name the file autoexec and in the line below the title select it as a .cfg file. Put it in your base directory of JK2 and you are set. Then make the other config the same way but call it something different.

Thanks for your help, but there is just one problem, i can't save as a .cfg file. Maybe thats just my system config or somthing, but iam going to try all files, since saving as a text document did not work.

Archived