Home

Recording sounds

Mac65

I've been working on some skins for my kids, and I have everything in the pk3 file working they way it should except for some custom sounds I recorded of them saying things (taunt, gasping ect..) I can put in the sounds from another game file and they will work for the character I've made but if I insert a sound that I recorded it reverts to a default sound for that file. I've made wave files using several different recorders and converted them to mp3's using winamp. They play fine using all the mp3 players I have but somthing is keeping them from playing in the game. I also noticed in some pk3 files like Ultimate Darth Maul he uses a wav file for his taunt. I put that file into my pk3 file and it plays so I'm assuming wav files are fine to use. I also tried recording a wav file and inserting it but again it doesn't work. I'm fairly new to this whole thing so I know I must be doing something wrong. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd really like this to get this working, my kids love the idea of being able to have thier "own" character in the game.

Archived