Home

Custom maps and stuff

Darth Maniac

I have installed virtually every custom map released. However the game has stopped showing the newest maps in the ingame browser when I want to create a bot match. Is there a limit to the amount of maps (Or skins even) that can be displayed? If so is there a way around that limit?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't be a problem if you know the filename... Just write a list of all the filenames on a sheet of paper and keep it handy. Then, all you have to do is go into the console and type in the filename. Eg: map duel_pit. That will bring up your map. Like you said, the only problem is that you can't see them in the game.

Its the jedioutcast maps site that caused the problem!!! Every day new maps - I CANT STOP DOWNLOADING!!!!!!!! I am addicted and cant stop.

Problem is I now have every map on that site and the reason I want the ingame browser to show them is that I cant remember which map is which!!! As a result typing in the map name is pointless as I dont remember which are good and which are bad.

The quake engine has been around for a while - Do any other Quake based games suffer from this problem?

Originally posted by Darth Maniac

Its the jedioutcast maps site that caused the problem!!! Every day new maps - I CANT STOP DOWNLOADING!!!!!!!! I am addicted and cant stop.

Problem is I now have every map on that site and the reason I want the ingame browser to show them is that I cant remember which map is which!!! As a result typing in the map name is pointless as I dont remember which are good and which are bad.

The quake engine has been around for a while - Do any other Quake based games suffer from this problem?

So your getting erections off the site too???? :newbie: :newbie: :newbie:

Archived