Home

Searching for a new home

[LsR]ViperEye

To the JK2 Community,

First off, let me apologize if I've posted this on the wrong forum. Things are hectic right now, and I fear I could not be as thorough as I would have liked to be. Bear with me, and administrators, feel free to move this post to whatever forum you see fit for its placement.

Now, onwards to the purpose of this message. Many of you no doubt know of the [LiCk] JK2 server, a battleground that has garnered many fans and much reputation for its playstyle. For those that do not know of it, the [LiCk] JK2 server was set apart from all other servers out there by its adherance to rules and their enforcement by hand-picked admins, and by the style of play we all enjoyed (very much like a duel game in FFA mode, where some would wait in rounds to fight, and others would be in a different part of the map, FFA-brawling it out). Clan Liquorfish, the server owners, have just yesterday evening released word that the server will be shut down permanently within the time span of one week.

Now, under most circumstances, this would necessetate only a change of venue. In this case, however, there has been a clan created specifically from players that frequented the server with absolute dedication. Calling ourselves the LiCk Server Regulars, we are a group of bonded friends that are now left without a home and with the threat of having to dissolve ourselves.

This is something we simply do not want to happen... our bonds and ties have become strong, and our love for the game as pronounced as ever. We do, however, require a new battleground to populate, a new arena in which to call ourselves regulars. We are, however, quite picky after having spent so long in the LiCk server.

And so I have a request that I feel I am required to make. I am making a call for a dedicated server that could run 24/7, that I and a very few select individuals would have rcon access to, that could be updated with any and all files LsR sees fit to update it with, and have rules that we would have the duty and responsibility to enforce.

Now, obviously, this is a very tall order, and I can understand why so many might shy away from it... I am basically requesting that someone put the resources into creating a fast, dedicated server, then leave its rule to a group of players you probably don't know. The factoid that persuaded me to even attempt this argument was one bit of information: the LiCk server was one of the most popular and difficult-to-enter servers on the face of the net, and anyone who helped us to run this server would soon have their battleground become famous for its tight scrutiny of rules and the caliber of players that frequented its arenas. Unfortunately, I can make no better offer than this... and I find myself at least partially resigned to the fate given me.

That is all I have to say for now... please do not hesitate in promoting your viewpoints on possibilities here, I would be both grateful and happy to read your thoughts. Thank you all for your time and patience.

Dan 'ViperEye' Tennant

Founder, LiCk Server Regulars

Archived