Home

Special Moves

Punkassbrotha

Hi! um.. i've been living in the stone age for a long time( been playing the unpatched MP against bots). imagine my horrow when i found out most of the moves i knew how to do , i cant now in the v1.03! please help!

i used to do moves like pull the person towards me, then press jump to kick the person down, but it dont seem to work. it seems as though the backflip animation has changed to a jump animation. also the heavy stance death move( the one where you press FORWARD then Click attack then just as your saber goes over your head, you press JUMP) seems to be gone. so has the light stance's one. i cant seem to do the move in the heavy stance where its like you're crouching abit and you do a round swipe. stuff like that. could someone please enlighten me on the new key-combos please?

Originally posted by Punkassbrotha

Hi! um.. i've been living in the stone age for a long time( been playing the unpatched MP against bots). imagine my horrow when i found out most of the moves i knew how to do , i cant now in the v1.03! please help!

i used to do moves like pull the person towards me, then press jump to kick the person down, but it dont seem to work. it seems as though the backflip animation has changed to a jump animation. also the heavy stance death move( the one where you press FORWARD then Click attack then just as your saber goes over your head, you press JUMP) seems to be gone. so has the light stance's one. i cant seem to do the move in the heavy stance where its like you're crouching abit and you do a round swipe. stuff like that. could someone please enlighten me on the new key-combos please?

Not gone but modified

kick: just tap jump twise istead of once

Strong special: the same you just have to hold attack down

the light stance one is the same

the other strong one you are talk about i dont know of

Cheers

hey fellas, concerning the moves - im used to doing them in 1st person, even if i dont see them.

so - can i make my saber 1st person in the MP ? coz the 3rd person is really difficult for me to get used to and its rather frustrating in the duel...

The light backstab is much faster than the heavy backsweep. However, the light backstab can be deflected, and the backsweep can't. Of course, if you knock the guy down first, he can block it anyway, so it's better to do it quickly.

Plus, the backstab looks cooler. It'll get you chicks, which is really what this game is about.

Oh yeah, forgot this part... :)

The DFA has been modified a bit. I couldn't get it working at first either. The trick is have the saber above your head, and then hit forward + jump + attack, as opposed to having the saber above your head and just hitting jump + attack.

Kick is now a bitch to pull off, because you have to hit jump twice. You can still do side kicks the same way, with only one tap. Learn those.

A couple of the moves have been tweaked a bit, too. It takes a bit of getting used too.

Plus, the backstab looks cooler. It'll get you chicks, which is really what this game is about.

Rock! Mental note: chicks dig blue backstab :D

One addition to your statements about kick: kick is now highly ping dependent; that is, you will get eaten alive if you try to 'outkick' someone with a much lower ping. In fact, I have a friend that can hardly use kick anymore on some of his favorite servers.

Archived