35 members have voted

1. 1. Which Chapter?

• Space Wolves
    • Imperial Fists
    • Dark Angles
    • Blood Angles
    • Ultra Marine

The skinning continues....

i did alittle extra work on the head and arms. I just unwrapped the torso, hips, and legs. I won't be able to work on the model until monday so I figured I should post some progress? All the white lines are just place holders until I get the rest of the skin done.

<Pictures have been removed from the server, ask vig for them if you really want them :) >

I figured I should ask what kind of symbol you guys would like to see in the center of the chest. Since it varries from armor type.

1) Standard Imperial symbol, the falcon/raven/chicken thing head

2) Standard Imperial wings with a jewl in the center

3) Standard Imperinal wings with a skull in the center

I also think the wings should be yellow or gold. But I have seen white chest wings on Ultra Marines before.

V!G

make it gold. i always hated the white symbol on the chest some people used for their veterans.

and i would like the: Standard Imperial symbol, the falcon/raven/chicken thing head

maybe the Standard Imperinal wings with a skull in the center,

but i'd prefer the first one!

very very nice!!!

r u planning to make the model taller than all the others (cus marines r like 8feet tall.....)

cus if u do will u b able 2 use the standard skeleton on it?

gr8 job

i can wait to use it

imagine a marine with a lightsaber! KOOL!

Steg

I think I might have chest/arm clipping issues when I get him ingame but he fits the skeleton and is only few points bigger than the storm trooper model. The render kind of distorts things :( makes his chest look bigger than it really is.

I am talking this week off to write a milkshape/ saber tutorial. Then i will get back and finish the skin /weighting. After that it should not be long until he is in game.

Just have the legs and back pack to skin.

V!G

WOW just sweet work!

hope we can DL it soon! btw you could make a ctf version of him

Blue >> Ultram.

Default >> SpaceWolves ?

Red >> Blood Angels ( just make a drip on his chestarmor )

you could give them a different hair cut or color ..what ever

looking forward!

As I was writting the milkshape light saber making tutorial, it hit me the space marine would not have a wimpy standard issue jedi saber...oh no... he would have a thick burley saber that would do some damage even with the blade in. It's not skinned yet but that is the basic color scheme applied to several groups.

When I release this space Marine he will have his own saber. Any helpful critiques would be great. Remember this is not a jedi saber it's a saber for a Space Marine, they have a FLARE for the big and exagerated ;)

spacemarinesaber_unskinned.jpg

V!G

Well he is not done yet... the skinning work continues. I should have the skin wrapped up next week. for now here is what the skin looks like right now. I took a break from working on the Marine to do a saber tutorial (which is not finished yet :( ) I have taken a break from my break to get some skinning work done :D

screen_01.jpg

V!G

• 4 weeks later...

Vig takes a deep breath and blows the dust off his ol' Space Marine.

After much fustration and trying to get my space marine into JK2 I gave up :( Then a few days ago I dusted it off and started making different skins for him. As well as a different head. It is with new determination and new found hope that I think I will give it one more try :D

Screen_05.jpg

V!G

Archived