Home

Kyp Durron Skin Opinions and Suggestions for Future Skins

HeavyGear18

I'm not new to Jedi Knight or Star Wars (not by a longshot) but I have just begun skinning JKII (I used to work on Quake 2 skins but the game is too damn worn and is now boring). I didn't want to start out cliched by making a high profile skin character (Obi-Wan comes to mind) but rather wanted to bring an obscure character to the limelight.

So I chose Kyp Durron; former Imperial slave and drugered miner turned powerful Jedi Master of Luke Skywalker's New Jedi Order. He and Kye are alot alike in many ways. Both have lived their lives on the recieving end of Imperial jackoffs and both have had serious run-ins with the Dark Side of the Force (Durron became possesed by a Dark Jedi who inhabited the ancient grounds of the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 and went on a rampage with the Sun Crusher destroying the Imperial system of Carida). So here's what I did.

Skin Picture

http://www.jediknightii.net/jediknight2/images/kypdurron.jpg

So I went to work on this poor bastard in hopes of making him stand out. Frist thing I did was give him a rough and tumbled look of a poor schmo getting flagged by "the man." So I went heavy on black leather. But I also wanted the look of a refined and Jedi like man. So with the leather I gave him classy coat buckles and crushed wool pants. The shirt was kept from the base Jedi skin but was given a total red look to keep the model from having too much flash. The forearms were given armor pading and fingerless gloves to give him the New Jedi Order appearance seen in Kyle and the Trainers (more mechanics and less holy Roman). The face took more time than I expected. Most of the pics I have of Durron have him with shoulder length brown hair and sideburns. I could quite get the long hair to stand right on a short hair skin so I decided to give him really short bleached blonde hair and kept the burns. Then I gave him his trademark goatee and there you have it, the reasoning for all the things I did to this skin. :)

Archived