Home

3D Max Problem, plz help

DarthDarth

I just got and installed 3D max 4.2, but when I tried to run 3D max. All i get is this....

Interactive 3D Renderer initiazation failed.

Please check your device settings by using the -H command line option

Can anyone plz tell me how to fix this

Thanks,

Darth Darth

not sure but i think i got that error before too, what i did was changed the rendering thign like in the beginging it asks you to run it on Heather EULA, or the 3dfx glide, or software render etc. etc. i dont know exactly where it is in the preferences but it shoudl be aroudn there somewhere

hope this helps

-keto

Right click and go to properties on the icon you use to launch Max. Then at the end of the "target line", add "-h" (<--without the quotes)

So the whole like would look like this;

C:\3dsmax4\3dsmax.exe -h

This will prompt you to change your render mode each time Max starts. HEIDI software z buffer, is prefered. If you can't run that then try Direct3d, then openGL. If it still gives you that error your video card can not run MAX.

BTW EULA, is the End, User, Licence, Agreement.... You sign it whenever you install software, it basicaly gets you to sign your sueing rights away. If the software toasts your computer your out that money. You signed the EULA they have you by the balls. You can't get software installed without clicking yes to it :(

Thank you Microsoft for poineering this new way of screwing poeple way back in 89!

Archived