Home

Question about Caps

Elliot334

I can't seem to be able to figure this one out, but, you know how when you cut a stormtrooper in half when dismemberment is enabled, how the lower half isn’t capped, it is just white. Same goes with the "ImpOfficer" NPC. Well, call me picky, but I find this very annoying, it kind of takes away from the realism a bit.

If you don't understand what on earth I am talking about, I snapped a couple of screen shots, they aren’t the best, but hopefully they explain what I mean.

badcaps.gif

So I go take a look at the model_default.skin file in the stormtrooper model dir, I finally narrow the missing caps down to the following:

r_leg_cap_hips_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga

l_leg_cap_hips_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga

head_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga

hips_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga

So, these are the missing caps, right? Well, in theory, I thought, that if I were to add these lines to the .skin file, it might fix this little discrepancy that has been bugging me. Well, no luck, I have been working at it for about an hour with no progress.

Am I doing something wrong, or are the caps specified in the model file, and not in the .skin file. If anyone needs me to clarify just ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :cool:

Archived