Home

In need of an expert skinner or modelers advice single player alterations..

Obikenobi

I am looking to alter the model.glm file and subsequently alter the model_default.skin file so as to remove certain surfaces and there model references from a model.

The reason I am asking this is that I have established Jan in a separate pk3 file and have her working as the single player replacement for the Kyle that you control in single player. However, I cannot get rid of the chaps, accessories and goggles.

I know some people are probably thinking edit the .cfg file I have done this and the result is that all of the spawnable versions of Jan come out perfect that is too say without the chaps, vest, accessories and goggles. This includes the Jan that sows up on her own in the game and the cut scenes as these are all npcs anyway. Also includes the Kyle spawn. And the jedif spawn.

The problem I am having is getting rid of the above-mentioned surfaces on the Jan that replaces Kyle as the character you control in single player.

I think that the problem lies with the fact that the single player character you use meaning the transformed Kyle does not have any way to access the npcs.cfg file because that character is not an npc. Question what the heck does npc stand for??? Non-player character?? Hmmm…

Help with this would be greatly appreciated. Please reply here or e-mail me at cronpa69@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Archived