Home

A question for any expierienced coders/editors

NameItSelf

Ok this is just an idea but would it be possible to make light saber effects more realistic in the sence that if you were to slice through the waist of an enemy that they would actually split in two at the place where you sliced them? I think this would add a lot to the feeling of the game. I appologize if this is a ridiculous question.

Actually I like your idea, it reminds me when Obi sliced Darth Maul in half in Episode 1, which is so unrealistic, Maul would have whooped his ass lol. Anyways this idea you have would not take allot of codeing at all, actually the code would only implement when to activate this sort of thing, like is the saber in the right position and did the wielder of the saber do the right move to activate the right animation of the victim if hit with the saber. The codeing would be the easy part and I could do that no problem since I have the source code for Jedi 2 which is in visual C++. The hard part would be the animation. When the body gets chopped in half, the wielder of the saber would have to perform a certain kind of saber move at the right spot of the victim's model to activate the 100% kill and the animation. THe animation would have to be done in Lightwave, Maya, Max, etc... which will not detacth the bone structure of course but detach the outer layer of the model to make it seem like the body is being torn apart becuase the bones and joints stay invisable. So just to tell you, that anything is possible in the world of gaming, if you put your mind to it.

Darth Zofos (May I give a scream out to the best clan alive, the [sITH])

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you guys know or not but you can do this already, you just have to use a cheat code to enable it. But if you mean do it without the cheat then yes i too think that would be cool. But if you don't know the cheat here it is...enter the console using shift + ~ then type in "g_saberrealisticcombat 1" minus the qoutes, this enables the dismemberment, you can also substitutue the 1 for other numbers to increase the speed of the dismemberment think it ranges from 1-9.

Archived