Home

Animations

Lucko Mabri

I Had to post this thread because i had enough of people putting other people down saying. Oh no its going to take months blah blah blah to make animations blah blah blah! the people already know that so stop putting them down and let them get on with it! give them support!

As long as people will ask how to change the animation etc. these kind of answers might/will/can/should follow :)

I've joined this forum only a week or 3 ago and have seen these questions a lot. I can image that people who have been around here longer can get aggrevated if the same question gets asked over and over because the answer to it can be found very easily and fast by reading the existing threads.

My point is that people are attempting to make anims and people say "don't bother cuz ure never gunna do it and its gunna take millions oh years harhar!" who cares if it takes ages for them to make. its not hurting anyoen for him to make anims. anyway if they succesfully make the anims the people putting them down wouldnt exactly moan anymore so whats the point? let the animators get on with. Let them ask questions if they been answered before dont say "blah blah blah they been answered before" just answer them again! ever heard of cut and paste?

I just registered and I work with other game engines creating models. Animations can be time consuming task. If your good it can take up to a month without motion capture for decent animations. Now for JK2 animations, from what I understand you need to have them in a file that is exported. Sice I am new I am not sure of the process but I will be willing to share any help in that department concerning 3dsmax. Let me know if you find out how the animations are supposed to be made and if there is some type of exporter/compiler for them. I am interested in doing a new character but unfortunatly I will have to create a new skeleton which means I will not be able to use the huminoid one that Ravensoft created.

Thanks.

no i DONT want to do anims. its just taht people who try to do anims are given no support and peopler say its gunna take months and the people know that already and dont want to be reminded. as i said before. giev them support and not ngeative thoughts!

Hivoltage -> what I've read about the possibilities for custom JK2 animation is that at this moment you can only create custom animations or modify them with the 3d application Softimage which has a steep learning curve and is "quite" expensive.

Ok but what is the process? I mean what is XSI's output? I am sure there is a way to do it with other packages but its not available for them yet ( it will depend on wheather or not the plugin is made for that or not by the developers).

At any rate I was interested in knowing the process if anyone knows.

Archived