Home

Multiplayer Dismemberment

JR_Chrono

Ok, I got another brain buster question. I know how to get it to work and all. But, there is one thing I was curious about. I understand that my clients have to type in: set cg_dismember "2" for it to work. Is there anyway around this? Can I have it where its always on and nobody has to type anything? If this has already been mentioned, I extend my apologies to you guys.

Surely this has been addressed before. Who would want to host a server and have to tell every single person who joins to type that command in there console? It just seems too inconvenient. I mean is there a file I can make myself and then have all the JR members download it and put it in the base folder or whatever so its always on? Granted, I don't have a clue as to how this is done. I'd like to get this up and running before practice tonight. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just distribute an autoexec.cfg with the following commands:

seta g_dismember "100"

seta cg_dismember "3"

Then the game will automatically set those variables upon launch. If they already have an autoexec.cfg then they probably know how to add the lines to the file.

Archived